Sign in to follow this  
69Mach1 M code

Front end alignment equipment

I'm looking for comments from those experienced with having purchased and used front end alignment equipment, particularly on our old Mustangs. I'm referring to the equipment for a home garage, not the full boogie set up in a professional garage.

What were some of the pros and cons you encountered? Any suggestions on brand / type?

Like you I am still collecting information on this subject but thought I would share what I've found. A prominent member on Stangfix with the handle of Horseplay uses this: https://www.amazon.com/SPC-Performance-FasTrax-Camber-13-17in/dp/B000PG6OW2

Any commercially available turn plates are ridiculously expensive and will probably require one of the home-brew methods with layers of plastic. I'm looking forward to see what the other guys have tried.

You do not need turn plates or plastic for caster if you can reach the spindles when the car is on the ground. Get wheels straight, get a small digital angle finder, cut a piece of square tubing at the length that will fit on exposed threaded ends of upper and lower ball joint, stuck your angle finder (they usually have magnets) to the tube and rest the tube on ball joint ends and read the caster angle (which is the angle between upper and lower ball joint).