Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Oil pressure & water temp sender wiring.

After almost 2 years of concentrating on the "new to us house" I have finally started back working on the Mustang. I want to finish the wiring under the hood first before I move to the trunk area & that has to do with the oil pressure & water temp senders. I have the new senders but since I have an AAW wiring harness I do not have the "L" shaped ends that slip over the threaded studs on the senders. I purchased a couple from CJ Pony Parts a year or so IIRC & they do not fit the stud on the senders. Anyone have a line on some that will work?

I ASSUME what CJ is selling is the same as the rest you may find that will slip on a #8 screw. If it is to loose perhaps squeeze them with a pair of pliers to tighten them a bit.  If to tight you might try to split the internal socket with side cutters so that it may expand.

The ones I purchased are to tight, they will not go over the threaded stud. jmlay I will give that a try tomorrow & report back. 70 Boss351 if the idea jmlay gave me doesn't work I found the ones you stated at Summit.

There are a couple of different sizes of 90* connectors: you want one that fits a #10 bolt.  I found a source for them, and relayed that information to NPD.  Since then, they contacted AMP who makes most of the aftermarket wiring harnesses, and ordered a bunch of 90* connectors with wire pigtails.  The part number is:  14489-12A

https://www.npdlink.com/product/connector-90-degree/209677?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dwire%2Bconnector%26top_parent%3D0%26year%3D

47 minutes ago, Mike65 said:

The ones I purchased are to tight, they will not go over the threaded stud. jmlay I will give that a try tomorrow & report back. 70 Boss351 if the idea jmlay gave me doesn't work I found the ones you stated at Summit.

Mike, the internal metal part should already be split, try expanding it with center punch or something else conical before you split it (again) with side cutters.