Sign in to follow this  
ThePoose

Shelby side scoop fitment questions

Getting started on fitting the scoops on my coupe and running into some issues. First, they're the scoops from CJ Pony Parts, which I ordered for three reasons: Branda at the time was out of stock and didn't know when they'd be in (in now of course), I had a discount, and most of all, the info on the CJ website said these bolted up to the existing holes. I expected to do some sanding and grinding to get them to fit right, but the bolts aren't even in the same zip code as the existing holes, or the same diameter. Also, the scoop opening looks small compared to other images I've seen.

Not having seen the Branda scoops, I don't know if they're very different. Anyone who's used the m, do the bolts line up to the holes, even if it's just three? If so, wondering if it's better to just order those and try and return these. If on either I do need remove the bolts and add my own, what are the measurements for placement of the scoop? 1/2 inch below the body line and ?? inches back from the wheel opening? 

As far as the opening, I read in another post that you can open them up by grinding, but these look pretty thick and add structure. I'd hate to take too much of that away. Is just getting the Brandas and trying to return these going to save a lot of work and make it look right?  Thanks for the help.

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

Any scoop will not match the holes, they prolly ment the bolts will match to the original Gt350 vert holes. you can also use a dremel too to open the mouth more, I also recommend getting a screen made so rocks or debris wont get lodged in there.

Also, cobranda has the ducts to make the scoops functional, Cobranda I bought a set, it was the only place that had it in stock (kinda pricey) but worth it. if those scoops give you trouble,

@Ridge Runner can possibly make one for ya, he did a set for me, its the closest you'll ever get to actual side scoops that shelby offered to the gt350s verts, and they are not fiberglass.

Im learning Cad and 3d Printing, my first challenge is to create & 3D print some side scoops which would be the better quality. eventually make a 3d fish tail like the shelby de mexico and/or camaro wing that will bolt on or add double sided tape the trunk panel.

When I installed them on my 69 Coupe I have them 1 3/4" back from the door opening front edge of the quarter panel to the center ridge of the scoop. Just like in the pic above I set the scoop so the top was level with the body line. Here is a pic of mine.

100_2012.thumb.JPG.d8a51a10be84b2e1358e27865bc5818b.JPG