Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

Finally ! Something goes my way!

I have been looking for an automatic for my 2005 Gt for over a year now ,its nearly impossible to find ,it 2005 and 2006 only just like the wiring ...Fords better idea i guess! Just picked up a 2005 GT 30 miles from me for 2000. 

The kid decided to ad a radio and did his own wiring ,yep ,you guessed it ,he set it on fire! He burned the top off the fuse box ,and the casing off the harness but it didnt burn the wires . Melted a brand new battery ! I gave him 2000 for it ,got it home and replaced all the melted fuses and dropped in a new battery and yee haw the sucker fired right up haha!

I drove it around the pasture and it runs great and shifts perfect ,i could have put it back together but the kid started to strip it already . 

Today i pulled the motor and tranny and found it had a fresh rebuild tranny ,new starter ,new alternator ,front struts ,drilled and slotted rotors that dont even have the machine marks rubbed off ,new joints in the drive shaft and lowering springs . This is all going in my 2005 ,and it all cost me less than having my tranny rebuilt !

The motor has 121000 miles and runs great so it may go in my 56 fairlane . All in all it was a good day for me ,and i should have mine running  in a few days .

20230213_153929.jpg

20230218_151950.jpg

20230218_152000.jpg

20230218_152012.jpg

20230218_153242.jpg

Screenshot_20230218-153601_Facebook.jpg

4 hours ago, Midlife said:

Yup, got it replaced about 10 days ago and now under physical therapy.  Otherwise, I'm still the same crotchety bastard I've always been...

Glad to hear that you are still the same crotchety bastard.

17 hours ago, Midlife said:

Yup, got it replaced about 10 days ago and now under physical therapy.  Otherwise, I'm still the same crotchety bastard I've always been...

My thoughts are ,when you are good at something you should stick with it . Be the best crotchety bastard you can be, push for greatness ! 

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

My thoughts are ,when you are good at something you should stick with it . Be the best crotchety bastard you can be, push for greatness ! 

My feelings exactly!  My work colleagues made up my cubicle name tag: Curmudgeon.  I wish i still had that name-plate...

I took it out for a drive around our local  lake ,put 93 miles on it to make sure the computer had set everything and it must have because it passed smog inspection . Those little 4.6s can really scoot when you stomp them ,i am really happy with the turn out ! The guy at the smog inspection shop was pretty impressed with it .

Spent about an hour sitting in DMV waiting for a moving permit just to drive it so i could get it inspected ,have to go back tomorrow for tags . It looked pretty good setting in front of Js dinner ,even got a couple of thumbs up !

20230221_154510.jpg

Haha ,i have put about 150 miles on it already .

brand new tank purge valve stuck open and threw the engine light ,thank you Auto Zone !pulled the one from the donor car and swapped it and light went out ,cant beat the oem equipment !

Stopped by and picked up a new small vacuume to keep the floors clean , I think its the nicest looking car in the Home Depot parking lot ...but thats just me !

20230222_145954.jpg