jjstang

Power Windows

Thought I'd have some fun and install power windows. Looking at the Nu-relic and electric life.

My search turned up nothing current, so I'd like to get some opinions between them??

Did other versions of mustangs (grande?) or other cars (cougar?) have factory power windows that would bolt right in?
TIA

I've had the Nu-Relics on my 69 without issue for a few years. There is an install issue with the driver side arm that mounts to the rear hole on the glue in glass bracket. This lip on the bottom edge needs to be removed so the flat arm can move in its entire range of motion. The passenger side arm is stepped to avoid the contact. 

20230217_093932.thumb.jpg.0f62a072916b3d90ac03723878ec374b.jpg

The first power window I used was from Spal. They used a cable that had a female gear that used the stock cranking gears. It lasted a couple of years, but I couldn't find replacement parts. Everyone was out of stock, and Spal didn't list any power window products. 

20 hours ago, jjstang said:
Thought I'd have some fun and install power windows. Looking at the Nu-relic and electric life.

My search turned up nothing current, so I'd like to get some opinions between them??

Did other versions of mustangs (grande?) or other cars (cougar?) have factory power windows that would bolt right in?
TIA

1969-70 Cougars had a Power Window option.   To be able to get the whole complete system from a parts car would be the ideal situation.   

There was a Cougar XR7 in a junkyard back in the 80's that had both Power Windows and a Tilt/Tilt-Away Wheel in it.   I probably had gotten what I went there for that day and did not have the extra cash on me (and/or enough time left in my visit) at that moment to get these options completely out of that car.   I kick myself today for NOT going back later and grabbing this stuff out of this car (probably pretty cheaply too) as it likely got crushed with these cool options still on it !!     

Attached are the factory wiring diagrams for the 1969 Cougar Power Windows. 

TODAY however, going with an aftermarket system is probably the easier and less expencive solution.

Doug

2-E26 1969 Cougar Power Windows.pdf 2-E27 1969 Cougar Power Windows.pdf