Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Shipping in the modern USA

How does this happen?

I need a new EVAP canister for my 2011 Mercury. Found a genuine Motorcraft on Amazon for a decent price, so I ordered it. I live in Ohio. Tracking info shows this:

Feb 7 - Glasgow, KY

Feb 8 - Nashville, TN

Feb 8 - Columbus, OH

Feb 8 - Cleveland, OH

Feb 13 - Ybor City, FL (?????)

So close. :( 

The postal service is so messed up I have order stuff coming from further south then I am (south west Virginia) & it will come in to Greensboro, NC which is about 1 hr south of me, then it goes to Roanoke, Va about 1 hr north of me then come to the local Martinsville, Va post office then get delivered. 

The box carriers (UPS, FedEx) occasionally do the same thing.  I think there's a gremlin in each organization that randomly takes a box and puts it in a vehicle that isn't the right one for it...and off it goes into the wild blue yonder!

I've had stuff from amazon come to Cincinnati to Dayton to Columbus and back to Dayton. I live less than a mile as the crow flies from the amazon distribution center in Dayton. I've even had stuff out for delivery then bumped to the next day cause they didn't get to it. I even yelled at them about not making a delivery. I have to say I haven't had an issue since and that's been over a year ago. They probably have notes on me.

USPS is probably the worst. I think they send stuff across the country just to piss you off. On more than one occasion a package has made it here via Cincinnati to Dayton to Indy to Columbus and back to Dayton.

10 hours ago, Midlife said:

The box carriers (UPS, FedEx) occasionally do the same thing.  I think there's a gremlin in each organization that randomly takes a box and puts it in a vehicle that isn't the right one for it...and off it goes into the wild blue yonder!

Agreed, reminds me of Bugs Bunny's wrong turn in Albuquerque joke.