TexasEd

New windshield and resealing rear glass

Lots of good info here on butyl vs urethane sealing. I think my current glass has at least some butyl sealer. 

I’m getting a paint job and new headliner so the glass is coming out. Windshield needs to be replaced but back glass is fine. All my windows are clear/ non-tinted but it would be nice to have the ribbon of tint at the top. 
Geting ready to call glass companies. I already ordered the rear gasket. I think I can do that myself but may want installer to do the front. what should I be asking?

I found one local shop so far that can get the Carlite tinted with Blue shade band at the top and willing to do the work on an old car.

Install cost is reasonable when you take into account the glass is over 63% of the total when I look at the price at NPD.

He said he would put the Urethane on the pinch weld instead of the glass.  Seems like it would be best not to dictate that to a pro.

Leaning on paying for the windshield install but doing the back glass myself.

I ordered a few extra clips but will try to clean the adhesive off of the original ones and reuse. I read here or somewhere to use diesel to clean it. I’ll put some in a jar with the parts and soak them overnight unless there is a better suggestion.