Hunter100

Inner Rocker to Rocker Measurements

Hey there! I'm working on the floor of my 69 today trying to finish up a few things and does anybody have measurements between the inner rockers? I know the drawing out there show 54 3/4 but I'm pretty far off. I've got a rear measurement of 55 3/4 and the front is 54. I will see if i can attach the pics. 

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8138.jpg

Welcome to the forum. RPM is going to ask for pictures of your car, we like pic's. 

What about the dimension 37 3/4  from center to center of rear frame rails at the rear torque box, is it good. I remember measuring mine (long ago now) I can remember it was 54 and something. Don't know what state your car is in, completely torn down or still together but did/do the quarters, door and fenders line up ok? Do you know if the car has been hit at any point of its life?  

What is the measurement at the bottom pinch weld? The inside face of the rockers are not dead vertical, they angle slightly outboard at the top edge. The dimensions shown on the diagram are on the bottom.

2 hours ago, det0326 said:

Welcome to the forum. RPM is going to ask for pictures of your car, we like pic's. 

What about the dimension 37 3/4  from center to center of rear frame rails at the rear torque box, is it good. I remember measuring mine (long ago now) I can remember it was 54 and something. Don't know what state your car is in, completely torn down or still together but did/do the quarters, door and fenders line up ok? Do you know if the car has been hit at any point of its life?  

Thanks! I will be getting a build thread going soon with lots of pics! Yes the car has been in a few good accidents over the years and the one that took it off the road for good took most the front end off. Im estimating that happened sometime in the late 80s and then it was left for dead. The car is stripped and just a shell now but i did set new rear frame rails to my jig. The center to center measurement was  37 3/4 when i welded up my jig and the rear one piece trunk floor. But today i noticed the stamped hole in my drivers side (dynacorn) frame rail is not in the center so i moved that rail in approx 3/8". The pass side torque box was welded alittle funny so i also tweaked that giving me another bit of room. Now I'm at 54 3/4 between the inner rockers at the rear. Time to move to the front!

48 minutes ago, RogerC said:

What is the measurement at the bottom pinch weld? The inside face of the rockers are not dead vertical, they angle slightly outboard at the top edge. The dimensions shown on the diagram are on the bottom.

Ah thanks i was assuming the inner rockers were vertical but on a slight angle makes sense!