Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

z-bar with TCP steering

Naturally, during final assembly I discover that parts don't quite fit with each other. 

My TCP steering looks nice, however the stock z-bar now interferes with the steering shaft.  The top curved arm of the z-bar hits it.  Is there a replacement z-bar that has the top arm mounted closer to the boss on the engine?

image.png.48349a6b57f6f8477492b064c7428b52.png

I have no expertise in this area but it's my impression that most folks who go this route end up using a cable, or maybe a hydraulic, clutch linkage. I don't recall seeing Z-bar mods but others smarter than me will chime in. 

heh.  That cable kit is interesting.  Requires a lot more work than I'm willing to do at the moment with my stock bellhousing :D however maybe I'll change my mind.  Lol where was this about a month ago before I put everything together and in the car!

Just to follow up, I've sorted out my clearance issues.  I had moved my engine forward about 1/2" so that my (new) TKX transmission mount would line up properly.  If I put the engine back to where it was (smack head!) then things line up perfectly.  I do need a new z-bar as mine is bent and reinforced (way before I owned this car), which also helps with the clearance.

I need to butcher up my tkx crossmember, but I can deal with that much easier.