Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

The great flood of 2023 !

The jack ass next door built his property up about 4 feet higher than our property ,we knew what was going to happen ,but the drainage commissioner said he can do nothing about it ! Well ,it rained hard for the last 3 days ,all the run off from the surrounding groves poured into our pasture with no where to go !  Flooded most of the pasture and made it in my shop ,there is about an inch or more mud in the floor! I will have to get the tractor fired up soon as the rain lets up to dig out the front of my shop ,i had to dig out the end door with a shovel this morning just to see inside the shop . 

20230110_081943.jpg

20230110_082117.jpg

20230110_082124.jpg

20230110_082113.jpg

I dont think there will be any damage ,its a metal building except for the doors ,problem is i will have to remove everything from the shop to clean out the mud . Here is a pic from the other side of the property at my mobil home my sister is living in ,the road to the mobil home is half washed out ,its a county road so some year they will have to repair it . Supposed to have 4 more days of heavy rain so the rest of the road will probably go . I wish my neighbor wasnt such an ass ! They build that property up close to 4 feet .

20230110_122526.jpg

Going to get worse ,supposed to be heavy rain from this Friday until next friday ,i moved a couple of the cars up by the house and covered them ,one i can put on the lift and raise about 4 feet ,the other is on a rotisserie so its good ,have to pull out my welders and take them up to the paint booth ,its full of card board for hood boxes .it shouldnt hurt my molds but they will be out of use for a while 

34 minutes ago, Rsanter said:

In California it is illegal to shed water off your property onto a neighbors property.

if this is happening you can force him to make changes that will stop that from happening

I agree with this. However, if you don't have any damages, you don't have a claim. When I got my contractor license, the most important thing to consider was water flow. And if you did something to divert it and cause damages, you were liable. You might want to talk to a lawyer, not the county.