v8ford70

Air conditioner compressor height

Happy New Year everyone.

Hoping that someone may be able to help me. I am looking at installing airconditioning back in my 1970 Coupe 302 windsor. It originally had selectair air-conditioning but this was removed when car was converted to Right hand drive in Australia by previous owner. I have attached photos of a mounting bracket I am looking at buying with a Sanden compressor on a 302 windsor and was needing the height of an original mounted compressor to see if this mounting bracket won't make Sanden compressor to high and hit underside of my bonnet.  In the photo it shows 9 inches from center of top mounting bolt to top of mount on Sanden compressor, I need the measurement from this same bolt on motor to top of original air compressor on 302 windsor. Cheers PhilScreenshot_20230101_163844_eBay.thumb.jpg.b57be4d5433b537eda500925efd0416f.jpg

Screenshot_20230101_163826_eBay.jpg

Can't hep ya, but that's gotta be the highest AC compressor mount I've ever seen. Ironically I bought that same mount used from a buddy, and cut it up to use to mount it much lower on the right side. 

Screenshot_20230101-103645_Drive.jpg.d49f9b678fda30465d065c64b29bb93f.jpg

16 hours ago, RPM said:

Can't hep ya, but that's gotta be the highest AC compressor mount I've ever seen. Ironically I bought that same mount used from a buddy, and cut it up to use to mount it much lower on the right side. 

Screenshot_20230101-103645_Drive.jpg.d49f9b678fda30465d065c64b29bb93f.jpg

Thanks RPM it does look high, hopefully someone here may have the measurement I'm looking for or know of another mounting bracket that will do the job. Cheers Phil

I installed a Classic Auto Air system with a Sanden Compressor on my 66 / 289 and it came with brackets that mounted it on the head and water pump bolts.   On my 70 that has a Cleveland, the top of the compressor sits about the height of the distributor.    I would have to believe you need a different bracket than what you have.  You may check with CAA and see if they might have something for you.