Machspeed

Been A While!

Been some time since I posted, but good to see some of the old gang still here. A few years back.... time slips me, pulled the Mach out of storage where it had been since the late 80's. Built a rotisserie for it using Ridge Runner's plans (Thanks Ridge) and stripped the car down for resto. Had it media blasted and primed it with epoxy and it has not been touched since. Got sidetracked on a couple other projects.

Sidetrack project #1 was my 86 F150, which I bought brand new and had thought to sell for a new truck. Started working on it to prep it for sale but the more I worked on it, the more I realized I could not sell it. What started out as a few mechanical repairs, led to a near full blown restoration including engine bay, interior, and exterior paint and body stuff. Great learning experience with the paint and body work, as I had no experience in this. Anyway, that process took a couple of years and I've now turned my truck into a trophy truck.  

Sidetrack project #2 was my daily driver, a 2014 Ford Focus ST which I also bought brand new. Thought to trade it off but with the crazy market, the fact that it was paid off and, that I really liked it, decided to keep it too! Wife was glad, as she didn't want to incur another car payment. Told the wife if I was going to keep it, I was going to add a few go fast goodies on it.... "so open up those purse strings woman!"  Go fast goodies were all bolt on and included a Garrett ATP 2867Gen2 turbo, upgraded intercooler, 3" downpipe, Cobb Accessport, tuning....blah, blah, blah. I gotta say, in all the years I've been wrenching, I've never seen such incredible HP gains with mere bolt on's! Keep in mind, I'm old school and knew nothing about Turbo charging technology prior to this project. This little rascal rips and boy is it fun!!! I'm running about 350HP to the wheels and at no sacrifice to fuel mileage. 

With that behind me, it's time to get back on the Mach and I'll be hell bent now on having a running car in 2023!!! Looking forward to getting back in the game and more active on the forum! 

Merry Christmas, friends! 

FGL1.jpg

Stang.jpg

IMG_5589.JPEG

IMG_5672.JPEG

Nice truck , i have my old 78 ford short bed still ,it has to have a full resto but some day it will be a good project  .i used it as a pre runner for several years for the Chuck Johnson Scott Douglass off road race team back in the early 80s and 90s  . It did pretty much everything the two race trucks did ,often running right along side the race trucks when way out in the desert . Best truck i ever had with a 428 CJ and a torino big spline top loader .

20 hours ago, Machspeed said:

Thanks fellas!

Hey Bob! She's still on the rotisserie where it's been for a couple years now! 

Actually welded in a patch panel in the rear qtr yesterday. 

Ah, just that huh John? Should be a quick fix. :)

Saw the Mustang on the trailer and fingered it was sumpin simple. 

On 12/26/2022 at 10:48 AM, Machspeed said:

Hey Mike, thought by now you'd be done with your car. Seems you were making fast progress on it when I last saw it. Did you have a sidetrack project too...LOL! 

I was going along fine when in the middle of 2020 my wife & I decided to move out of NJ to an area that had better weather & less taxes & cost of living for our retirement years. We purchased a house in southern Virginia just west of Martinsville about 10 minutes from the NC border. We spent the next year every couple months running from NJ to southern Va to renovate the house to get it ready to move into. We moved in August 2021, got both bathrooms redone & had a 2-car garage put up for the Mustang & my wife's motorcycle, my old Ranger died & we had to go looking for a newer truck for me, so yes there were some sidetrack projects. Now it is time to get back working on the Mustang, all I need now is a lift for the garage.

This is how the house looked when we purchased it.

20200813_102457.thumb.jpg.fc655ea8a1e96a114ed4da440e5e7c9a.jpg

New 24x25 Garage

100_1928.thumb.JPG.156aeafe957da7f8dfab846860b1672b.JPG

Our 21 Bronco Sport 4WD, 05 F150 2WD, 99 Explorer Sport AWD in front of the new garage & renovated house.

100_1922.thumb.JPG.ae89b7968f1e6f50739c48cf3c4e3fcb.JPG

WOW! That's a major life change! Good for you, Mike!!! I don't know how you were working at of that single car garage, so the new shop will be great. I think eventually you'll find it too small though....LOL! Can never build them big enough!    

And while I didn't include it in my initial post above as a side track project, I had a piece of rental property that a renter literally destroyed. Took me 14 mo working by myself to fix that house up in order to put it on the market for sale. I literally replaced everything in that house such that I would live in it. Almost didn't want to sell it when I was done but no way I was getting back into the rental business. People trashed my home and left owing me three months rent. I can't believe people sometimes. Never again!   

5 hours ago, Machspeed said:

WOW! That's a major life change! Good for you, Mike!!! I don't know how you were working at of that single car garage, so the new shop will be great. I think eventually you'll find it too small though....LOL! Can never build them big enough!    

Thank you, it was a long time coming. I was not really working on the Mustang in the one car garage, I would always roll it outside into the two car wide driveway to work on it.