Sign in to follow this  
shelbyshelby

Hood Pins

So I’ve been struggling to manipulate my hood pin cables to prevent wear on my fresh hood blackout. It’s not on the road yet but thinking about preventing damage here. I saw a survivor Mach 1 on eBay today. Its hood pins slide out the front. I have mine oriented where they slide out to the side. Which was is correct? Do you think either way would be better or worse?  I’ve never gave it any thought til I saw it on this survivor car. 

9A428E60-7959-4526-BBCA-41CD665921C9.png

Thanks Terry. Oy, I was afraid someone might ask that question. I do believe I used the Ford Motorsport thru NPD. I had at least 3 different sets because I forgot I'd bought them, but kept buying them. 

20221217_084123.thumb.jpg.24d5b82bebb9e768b664d73ec8480bd9.jpg

6 minutes ago, jmlay said:

It’s my understanding the smaller crimp joint are “correct”.

7935B7B1-7C96-407C-8937-FD17088B539B.jpeg

Yes, that's what came new with my car and used to come from Ford (I've replaced them many times), but they aren't available anymore, as far as I know. Bob seems to have the current best option. I like how his seem to stand at attention, off the hood.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

Apparently they have changed them to that shown below. Yours have a much different attachment system

image.thumb.png.f8712744b88d68316d1fc8ca7819f25d.png

Yours look more like this, don't ya think?:

image.thumb.png.a18033410dd16ac09b7a4490519b8cb9.png

Yes Terry, mine are the lower version. I quit worrying about correct years ago. 

Out the front is correct for everything I have seen over the years.

i know a couple people that have the same concern as you plus wear on the front molding.

they leave them under the hood for driving and use a second pair or pins. Then put them in place for shows