Busch

Firewall Pad

Not sure of the manufacturer of the one I used, been so long ago but I got it through Kentucky Mustang. all I can remember about it is it was a pain to install because the holes and things did not line up. So if they guarantee  that this one is a perfect fit that would be a plus. 

I bought and installed one in my '69 with factory A/C in 2011 and here is the write up I did on it back then ...

- New Deluxe Molded Firewall Insulation Pad from Quiet Ride Solutions (MUST6970-CM1).   After 7 weeks on back order with CJ Pony, I finally called the supplier (Scott Drake) direct, and their CS said they expected them in any day but had nothing firm.   Not liking this answer, I searched other vendors, found one IN STOCK at Mustangs Unlimited, and canceled my BO w/ CJ.   Paid $31 more for it but had gotten $20 / per $100 in gift cards from CJ (that I've since spent), so it was almost a wash.   Anyway, it is a high-quality part ... better than the disintegrating OEM one I took out ... and fit nicely.   All the needed holes were there, and I was able to re-use all my original hardware. 

Doug

I used the flat replacemt firewall pad over a layer of dynomat.

never again!!!! Than flat mat was a total pain in the ass. But I was on a short timeline that I needed to get the car back together to get to an event

I have used Quiet Ride Solutions kits for my nephews 73’ Mach. They have been good fit and complete. It comes with detailed instructions and maps of where to put the dynamat strips under the insulation. Before and after noise was amazing difference. I am building a 68 Fastback currently and will use it on the entire car. Here is a pic of the floor of my nephews car when we finished. Overall a very positive experience with their product. 

3138D683-457F-417D-85C3-D160B10F3F59.jpeg

7DE57A98-29F4-49A5-A225-55AAA3838C57.jpeg

3F29AAE4-1323-41C7-8466-9EC48842CD0B.jpeg