Flanders

Saginaw PS pump hoses with AN fittings

I'm trying to figure out some hoses.   I've got a TCP rack and pinion system with AN-6 fittings on it.  I need to connect this to my CVF racing Saginaw pump:

image.png.85d755509efd5aa31f6c644a164c084a.png

So for starters I'm trying to sort out how to make a stainless line connect to the low-pressure 5/16" barbed fitting.  Do I just put another barbed fitting on the end of the stainless line, and a small section of rubber hose in between with hose clams?  (this doesn't seem right).

Similarly, the outlet (with white plastic cap, in pic) is: "3/8" SAE Inverted Flare Inlet(5/8-18 thread)" but i think the below adapters will work for the conversion.  Was hoping someone has done this before:

https://www.holley.com/products/plumbing_an_fittings_and_hose/adapters/power_steering_adapters/parts/961947LERL

https://www.holley.com/products/plumbing_an_fittings_and_hose/adapters/power_steering_adapters/parts/090203SDS

Thanks for feedback! 

33 minutes ago, Flanders said:

Thanks for the tip!  that covers the high-pressure side.

Any idea on how to connect the low-pressure "barb fitting" on the pump to a braided stainless line?

Can't you just install the braided stainless return line to the barb fitting of the pump with a hose clamp?

yeah, I don't know about the longevity of that.  I'm going to get a 6-AN to barb fitting.  Then I'll just use a little rubber hose (with clamps) between the pump outlet and the barb on this fitting.  It's low pressure, and down low in the engine compartment so hopefully won't be seen!

is this a new pump that has never had oil in it. Just wondering, it appears that the barb fitting is sweated/silver soldered  on. If so then u could remove and and replace with an adapter with sweat on one end and the  AN size  on the other. If it has oil in it how hard would it be to remove the reservoir do your surgery and replace it.

So are you using a crime housing like shown or is it bare steel?

i have done this several ways but using the ford pump

I have always been able to find an adapter through summit that will go from the high pressure to AN.

now you need to look at what the pressure really will be because many power steering systems can over pressure the regular or lower grade AN stuff.

on my 69 I used product from Fragola that was rated for higher than the PS pressures.

for the low pressure side, I have welded adapters to the housing, I have also used a compression fitting on the little outlet and I have just used a hose clamp on the braided line