smh00n

Bristol NASCAR race. Tips for an overseas rookie

Guys

I am thinking of going to the night race at BMS next September. Looks like this is a popular race as not many tickets available.

Am I better to take a package deal from the BMS partner (or others) or just go it alone. Seems hard to get a single ticket and I would also prefer somewhere I could hide from the sun as I burn bad. The Busch terraces look good but I can’t see how Joe Public can book a seat. However, I’m not going there without having cars go by at 200mph right next to me, so I have issues.

Any tips you could give me? I am flexible with plans, I may have a car as if drag week aligns I’d like to do that as well, otherwise I can fly in.

I've been going since 1998 I think it is. The demand for the night race tickets is not nearly as heavy as was back in the 1990's. I would call the Bristol Motor Speedway ticket office and talk to a real person. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. Tell them your needs and let them search their available seats for something that fits your needs. BMS ticket office 866 415-4158. They may be able to point you towards lodging also. Good luck and enjoy.  Dave R.

If you are referring to the NHRA race weekend the BMS website says June 9-11 for the upcoming season. As a longtime NASCAR fan I personally think that there is none better than seeing a night race in person. Bristol is fantastic. I've seen several all-star races at Charlotte and that is special also.   Dave R.

No, this is Hot Rod drag week. Runs 5 days across 4 tracks with 1,000 miles of driving in between. 

I am hoping that I can tie the 2 events together and have 2 weeks of motor racing. Along with BBQ and beer :)