potato

What all seals are involved in the gas tank and sending unit?

My car's gas tank was replaced by a previous owner.  It appears they did a couple things wrong.  The filler neck is not fed through the taillight panel correctly so the gas cap doesn't fully tighten.  Inside the trunk smells a bit like gas, like the filler neck is not sealing up to the tank.  Under the car, it has developed a slow dripping gas leak around the rubber line coming from the sending unit.

So anyways, I'd like to redo both the filler neck and the sending unit.  Is there a diagram of the way those 2 parts are assembled?  And what all seals and rubber parts would I need to do it all at once?

The sending unit is hard.  I installed one in a tank before I put it in the car and it was difficult.  Doing it under a car is harder.  I developed a leak the second time I worked on the sending unit while the tank was in the car and made a huge mess.

The hard part is keeping the flat washer flat as you place the sending unit on it and then tighten down the pressure ring.  If you can do it out of the car I recommend that.  A little petroleum jelly on the washer also helped to keep it in place.