Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

Holley carb, continually problem

Why would the accel pump squirter needle keep getting stuck. I can take the squirter off, spray carb cleaner on it, let it set for 2-3 min then it frees up, reassemble and it works great. Let the car sit more than 2 days and it gets stuck again. New accel pump installed, fuel level set to where it barely dribbles out, new fuel filter, and new gas. Holley 600 is less than a year old.  

Have you used octane booster when you fill up your tank? The needle on my Holley Ultra XP was sticking until I started using the octane booster. If I fill up and don’t put in the octane booster right away it starts sticking again. I’ve already taken the needle out and cleaned it prior to using the octane booster and continued to stick. 

8 minutes ago, Sermo27 said:

Have you used octane booster when you fill up your tank? The needle on my Holley Ultra XP was sticking until I started using the octane booster. If I fill up and don’t put in the octane booster right away it starts sticking again. I’ve already taken the needle out and cleaned it prior to using the octane booster and continued to stick. 

It wouldn't take too many fill ups along with a can of octane booster to pay for a new carburetor. 

Well, the float needle stuck open now, so fired up and had gas shooting out of overflow. Saw images of jay leno. So now In process of draining tank, disposing of gas is a real pain these days. Taking to deer lease a couple of gallon at a time to dispose. Found a place fairly close with non ethanol gas to put back in. 

12 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

Well, the float needle stuck open now, so fired up and had gas shooting out of overflow. Saw images of jay leno. So now In process of draining tank, disposing of gas is a real pain these days. Taking to deer lease a couple of gallon at a time to dispose. Found a place fairly close with non ethanol gas to put back in. 

Why are you disposing the gas instead of putting it in your other vehicles?

The new gas will eat aluminum ,i put 3 fuel pumps on my sand blaster ,it is sitting now because it ate the last one also . It eats the diaphragm ,or dries it out ,if is sits a while it will eat up the aluminum. For the hollies i always kit them with the alcahol kits or the excelerator  pumps dry out and crack and will no longer pump . The green alcahol pumps stop that  .

Not sure why the float needle would stick unless it is a rubber tip needle ,if it is try a metal tip needle 

Well, after cleaning the Holley carb out numerous time, draining tank, cleaning tank, blowing out fuel line, and putting 5 gallons of non ethanol gas, finally had enough!!

Pulled the alum intake and put the factory 2 barrel CI intake on and rebuilt the 2100. Runs like a scalded dog now, yahoey.

Have an elect choke ordered, that should be here Sat. 

Bob, replaced the condenser and haven’t had an issue yet. Knock on wood.