Sign in to follow this  
RogerC

115K "R" code Mach 1 on Ebay

I would think it should have the deluxe interior (door panels). The rim blow steering wheel is trashed. A lot of overspray, on the white letter tires and is that overspray on the end of the dash pad or just a reflection? Looks like a massive oil leak at the front of engine. Most Mach 1's I've seen have the chrome trim along the rockers. Don't know if that was an option. Good luck getting 115K.

What got me curious is asking 115K for an R code mach 1 and the car is missing some things that might make it worth the price if the car was complete and original. As it is it's just a 69 with a 428 (maybe) and a hodge podge of parts. It might be a legit R code but I think someone threw it together to sell as a rare-ish 69. Hell, for the asking price they could have at least picked-up the right door panels, console top, instrument panel, brake pedal pad, replaced the left kick/vent panel and picked up a shaker assembly. I do have some doubt of it being a real R code, no pic of door plate & no Marti report. There's a distinct lack of supporting information. However, it could have been a basket case project missing a lot of parts and pieced together like I said before.

Update

Just noticed it's still listed on Ebay but price is now 90K.

This paragraph from the "dealer" just kills me

Condition:
Used
Seller Notes:
“We represent this vehicle to the best of our ability; however, we strongly encourage all interested parties to come and see the vehicle in person or have a third party inspection. All purchases will be charged a $250 PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE CHARGE*. Additional charges such as sales tax, tag fees, registration fees, government fees, shipping charges, or finance charges may be charged depending on the state you are registering the vehicle and/or having it transported. (*This charge represents costs and profit to the dealer for items such as inspecting, cleaning, and adjusting vehicles, and preparing documents related to the sale.)”