Contact the seller from the link I posted & ask him to get you measurements of the radio. I put an AM/FM stereo from IIRC a 71 TB in my 69 Coupe & it fit fine, so I would think it should fit your 70.

1 hour ago, Mike65 said:

Contact the seller from the link I posted & ask him to get you measurements of the radio. I put an AM/FM stereo from IIRC a 71 TB in my 69 Coupe & it fit fine, so I would think it should fit your 70.

I sent a message saying "Do you have the measurements of the radio?"

He responded "no"

Guess I should have asked more directly.  

17 minutes ago, dmdsprite said:

I sent a message saying "Do you have the measurements of the radio?"

He responded "no"

Guess I should have asked more directly.  

Sounds like he doesn't want to take the time to measure...

On 9/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Mike65 said:

I say no also. This is something like what you would need. This one in the link happens to be a AM/FM 8 track player.

1973-73 Ford Lincoln Mercury AM FM 8 Track Radio WORKS! | eBay

This should fit in a '69-70 Dash, as should most standard Ford 2-shaft radios from 1969-early 80's.   My dad had an AM/FM Cassette in an early 80's Crown Vic that would also fit.    

I've got an AM/FM from a 1978 Country Squire wagon in my '69.   Had another one from a '72 Country Squire that also fit ... these were both for a 4-speaker system, with the L-R Slide bar where the 8-track is located on the ebay one.   

I swapped because the '78 was 6 years newer and the L-R Slide bar was chrome on the '72 & black on the '78 ... more stealthy-looking, since the correct '69 radio did not have the slide bar as it only powered the 2 speakers.   I also added rear deck speakers to my car, so need a 4-speaker radio.

Doug

4-2011-RADIO-SHIFTER.JPG

Got this on eBay, hopefully it works out. Working through figuring out the audio setup. I'm assuming it just had outputs for left and right, one pair. I'd ideally like more than that.  In a perfect world, I would have dash speakers, door speakers, and rear quarter trim speakers.  I also need Bluetooth handsfree. Options for that include fm Bluetooth transmitter, fm antenna plug Bluetooth, or maybe gutting a Bluetooth portable speaker and getting creative; Memphis audio headless receiver, with the 8 track wired to the aux port... But I don't know if you have something plugged in the aux, whether it "overrides" the Bluetooth input... And to get the correct number of speakers with Memphis, I'd need multiple speakers from each channel, which decreases power, unless they're 2ohm... Unless I wire the 8 track to a hertz dsp 8 channel sound processor or their 8 channel amp with dsp... But that's getting crazy expensive.  

Screenshot_20220918-055846.jpg

I have that radio in my 69. I don’t have the bezel on yet, as it hits the FM/AM buttons. My bezel is aftermarket so I don’t care to notch it. Hope it don’t look too chopped after I do it or else I’ll switch radios. I’ll warn ya, those radios are not very loud. I don’t think any number of speakers will help much. To be fair I have a lot of high frequency hearing loss. I can’t hear mine with the windows down and traveling at any speed . Maybe yours will be better than mine. Mine came from a 1977 towncar in a wrecking yard. 

Sucks that it hits the am/fm buttons. I'm starting to lean towards this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203473603999?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=OrwPIENwQFO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=F0dqPHfESqO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It's about 3x what I want to spend, but it has dsp to fix the crappy sound quality, it's 8 channels, which would allow two dash, two door, two rear quarter trim, and bridge the last two for a sub. 

Got an 8 track.  Got an audacy forza amp/dsp on the way.  Still working on speaker locations.  The fiero and miata had speakers that went in the headrest.  Any idea if this would work with the stock seats (rather than swapping in miata or fiero seats?  Mine are going to be re-covered, so that would be the time to do it.  Here's a link to what I'm talking about (miata version).  https://www.3maudio.com/RetrofitKit.html

Not looking to put in the miata seats (mostly because I already have the new upholstery for the original mustang seats).  I'm wondering whether the original mustang seats can hold speakers in the headrests, just like the miata seats can.