RPM

Factory AC Duct Install Hep

A couple of questions for you know it alls. What, if anything do y'all use to secure the flex duct to the hard plastic ends. I sure don't want it coming loose one installed. 

Is the piece with the dip in it in the pic with the X in the proper orientation? All the pics I've seen show it with the V pointing down. But with it in that position I can't get the alignment with the elbow to its left lined up perfectly. 

EDIT: Is any fastener used where the elbow tube that connects to the vent and to the tube with the drop down bend in it?

Screenshot_20220808-164629_Gallery.jpg.f09117fbab834046c3046e3aa527f4ce.jpg

Thanks guys. 

20220808_144720.thumb.jpg.7956dc75427a2fa705f05e9d47b3e70e.jpg

Just looked through all my pics from when I had my dash apart in 2011 and did not find any with the ducts in place.   I don't remember any type of clamps holding the hoses to the plastic pipes though ... pretty sure they were just slip fit and stay in place because they are relatively short and captive between fixed points.

Doug    

Thanks Doug for looking, and Terry for the chuckle. I'm probably over thinking it, but I seem to remember removing staples from the hard plastic tubes that secured the flex tube. Champagne problems.

The one end of of each hose has 2 staples holding them to their duct pipes.

Looked under my dash and could see and feel the pipe with the kink in it ... the kink goes down to clear the speedo cable that goes above it.

Only evidence of tape I see is at the far end elbows that attach to the dash vents (passenger side elbow is not shown as is still attached to my spare lower dash).

I see no tape residue present where the hoses slip over the two ducts, so at least ways on my Metuchen built (& the spare Dearborn built) the hoses appear to have been just slip fit at these two points.

Doug

AC-Ducts.JPG