Sign in to follow this  
Spider69

Battery regulator issue

Hi, my mach one broke down in the middle of nowhere after a regulator issue. Regulator sent 18v+ and the battery warmed up and i had to stop but could never start again. short circuit in the battery and electronic ignition out of order.

It seems this is not unusual and I would like to avoid any new journey like this one.

I could see some central console with gauges. Does anyone knows if this exist with a voltmeter to control the battery.

Or any other food solution is welcome.

Chris

On 7/16/2022 at 3:19 AM, Midlife said:

Best/simplest way to avoid in the future is first, replace the voltage regulator and battery, then get a simple volt-meter and monitor it for anything beyond 14.8V.

Hi Midlife,

Was my idea, do you know where I could find a voltmeter and connection diagram ?

I would like to integer voltmeter in the center console

A voltmeter inside the passenger compartment simply needs to tap a fused ACC line.  The simplest/easiest wire is the yellow/black wire for the factory radio.  Simply splice into it.  You'll need a ground wire, but that's easy to do: simply attach it to any good chassis point.