Ridge Runner

Just a little somthin for me!

Well i was in RPMs neck of the woods today in beautiful down town Bakersfield  ,had to buy a new toy !

Now i am in no way a Chrysler guy but what the hell !

2014 Challenger RT fully loaded ,remote start ,after market exhaust ,Stereo system,black leather with swade inset seats ,sport mode ,paddle shifter ,super track pack and runs like a scalded ape! Had to kick it on the way back just once ,stomped it to the floor as it hit third and roasted the tires.

20220705_142119.jpg

20220705_131209.jpg

20220705_131138.jpg

And no phone call??? WTFresno? You called the last time you bought a car down here. Was it something I said, or that money I owe you?

The Mopar looks real nice. 

I love these seats ,black leather with black swade insets but they are a bit hard to get into with the wrap around on the seat backs ,it doesnt give much but feels good when you are setting in them . Back seat has quite a bit of room also ,but those quarter sails are impossible to see around . I like the navigation but most of all i like the fact that it has dials for the radio ,heater and AC instead of the touch screen crap .they had installed Corsa exhaust ,quiet at an idle and normal driving but when you step on it you know it .i looked it up and that cost $2,000.

It has factory 3:92 gears as part of the super track pack and it turns around 2200 rpms at 60 mph .

it even has one of those new fangled BOOM BOOM radios ,you know the kind ,the kind that rattles your windows when they pull up next to you . On the way home my brother asked what that boom was coming from the trunk area ,i told him it was the sub woofers BOOM BOOM BOOM HAHA!

20220705_190228.jpg

20220705_190240.jpg

20220705_190221.jpg

20220705_190924.jpg

20220705_190329.jpg

I was talking to my brother last night about maybe putting a set of hell cat style wheels on the car and low and behold a set pops up one town over with almost new good year eagles on them on market place . Didnt hesitate ,ran right over and bought them for $800. 

No road rash but the guy buffed through the argent exposing a slight bit of black along a couple edges that i am going to try to air brush in ,in all very happy with them ,and they still have the low pressure sensors in them that i will have to have reset. 

20220707_160951.jpg

20220707_160956.jpg

20220707_161002.jpg

Went to wallmart this morning ,didnt want to park anywhere where it may get door dinged so i parked next to a black hell cat and a RT that was same color as mine but with black stripes ,we all three had the same wheels ,i think this was the designated Challenger only parking space ,forgot my phone so i couldnt get a pic!

8 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I was looking at the window sticker ,this friggen thing went for a bit over  $42,000. With all the options ,i couldnt even imagine what a new one would go for today . Do you realise how much Dr.Pepper that could buy ?

OOooh!  You're a Dr. Pepper fan?  Me too, but can't find diet cherry Dr. Pepper in Tucson!  Aaargh!

Great car and awesome find on it and the much nicer set of rims !!

For the 1st Ford I got with tire pressure sensors (2011 Mustang), you needed a remote control looking "tool" for car to learn new sensors.   I had a 2nd set of rims with snow tires, but only think I had to teach the car once, then it recognized both sets of wheels.   Got a 2nd set of rims for snows on my wife's 2014 Fusion and don't think it needed the tool.   

As long as the sensors are good and the right ones for the model year, most newer cars find them with no learning ... figured Mopar should be the same which you found out.

Doug

I bought one of those harbor freight car ports to keep it in ,last night i was in the house and i hear a car running ,i go out side and the car port is blown up like a balloon  . Some how it started ,and i dont have any idea how long it ran ,i thought my brother started it but he said no ,i did have the remote in my pocked and i must have bumped it but i never heard it start and its fairly loud when it does . I checked on it all night just to make sure it didnt drive off on its own !