whe42

parking brake

I am replacing my parking brake. The problem is the retaining clip that holds the base of the cable onto the pedal frame and again under the car where the cable connects to the cable going to the rear brakes. There is a retaining clip holding the cable to the car. Is there a trick to getting these clips back on? I was able to pull them off and get the new parts on but cannot seem to get the clips to insert again. Is there a special tool? Or just a lot of pushing with plyers.

11 minutes ago, whe42 said:

So squeeze the rounded end of the bracket and push on? Or do you mean the open end?

move the large rounded part if the clip downward by the slot facing below and use a thin flat head screw driver or needle nose pliers through the slot/rounded part and pull downward..slowly, I recommend using a shop rag to cover it so it does't fly out and hit your eye or get lost. 

if that clip doesnt move use some lube oil (any oil) or wd40 to help with lubrication.