Sign in to follow this  
RPM

More Factory AC Wiring Questions :)

I've searched online without much success. I'm trying to find the factory location on the firewall for the green wire to the compressor. Might this image show the correct location? If not, where did it exit? The one thing I'm pretty sure of is if he hasn't already done it, Midlife is gonna block my phone number.  :)  Thanks again Randy for working on Sunday. 

Screenshot_20220627-131711_Gallery.jpg.1aa81f1f9b2b226b91270a819df6d4ac.jpg

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I've searched online without much success. I'm trying to find the factory location on the firewall for the green wire to the compressor. Might this image show the correct location? If not, where did it exit? The one thing I'm pretty sure of is if he hasn't already done it, Midlife is gonna block my phone number.  :)  Thanks again Randy for working on Sunday. 

Screenshot_20220627-131711_Gallery.jpg.1aa81f1f9b2b226b91270a819df6d4ac.jpg

On my 69 with factory air, the green wire to compressor is molded as part of the bundle where NSS and wiper motor wires come out, about 2 inches inboard of the gas pedal cable.

It's good to get a correct answer, thanks John. I want to run my condenser lines and power on the passenger side, and I've got some firewall holes plugged that I might use for the wiring. I'll finger sumpin out. Thanks again. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:52 PM, RPM said:

It's good to get a correct answer, thanks John. I want to run my condenser lines and power on the passenger side, and I've got some firewall holes plugged that I might use for the wiring. I'll finger sumpin out. Thanks again. 

Here is a picture of the green wire with a black round female plug at the firewall. John is correct it is part of the harness that includes the wipers, tach wire, neutral safety switch, oil and temp sender wires, and PRNDL shifter light. The other end of the green wire should terminate near the airbox blower motor with a single square spade plug, along with a couple of other related green wires with square plugs.

20220705_202535.jpg