RPM

Glove Box Question For Guys With Factory Air Conditioning

I installed the lower dash with the glove box door closed, but became a bit flummoxed when I opened the door. Is there really that little space behind the door?

Note to Midlife, those wires will be straightened up, put in place, and zip tied nice and purdy. 

20220615_222114.thumb.jpg.414dd225d368fa1999ce63a28e9a9ffb.jpg

I went with vintage air in my car. I was able to use my original non ac glovebox liner. If I remember correctly I had to trim a small piece off the back side of the liner that isn’t noticeable when it’s installed. 

19 hours ago, aslanefe said:

According to my measurements of factory A/C and non A/C glove boxes, non-A/C box is about 1 5/8 inches deeper.

Just confirmed NPD sells both. The engineering inefficiencies in these 50-year-old cars always amazes me. I can't imagine maintaining 2 part numbers for a glove box door instead of designing stuff that, you know, fits both builds. :)

1 hour ago, 69RavenConv said:

Just confirmed NPD sells both. The engineering inefficiencies in these 50-year-old cars always amazes me. I can't imagine maintaining 2 part numbers for a glove box door instead of designing stuff that, you know, fits both builds. :)

A/C glove box fits both cars, but you can’t fit as many speeding tickets in it.