Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Rear bumper bracket color

I’m fixing to install my rear bumper and was curious as to what everyone has done for the color. Did you paint the most color or just black? I’m not sure if they are visible at all as my rear bumper was already removed when I purchased the car. 

After I cut a wedge in mine and welded them to correct the angle, I painted them grey. Mainly cuz I have several brackets, suspension parts and a roll bar painted grey. But I don't think any color will be too noticeable. 

20220612_094309.thumb.jpg.ee2e3abcb325908b5da810edb852d4c2.jpg

5 hours ago, Kris said:

Rpm, where did you cut a wedge in it to make it fit better?

Welp, you got me thinking and I started looking for pics of it which I couldn't find. So I checked with my son who does most of my welding now, and he said we never did the planned mod. But here's a pic where we were going to cut a V to tilt the top in. I just might do it when I replace the rear bumper, as I backed into a Tahoe in Nebraska one early morning last October. DOH! Guess I should've turned on my backup camera. 

Screenshot_20220612-203637_Chrome.jpg

On 6/12/2022 at 10:46 AM, RPM said:

After I cut a wedge in mine and welded them to correct the angle, I painted them grey. Mainly cuz I have several brackets, suspension parts and a roll bar painted grey. But I don't think any color will be too noticeable. 

20220612_094309.thumb.jpg.ee2e3abcb325908b5da810edb852d4c2.jpg

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that issue.  I'm going to need to "pie cut" my brackets.  I had to do that for the bumper braces inside the trunk because they did not sit flat on the tail light panel