san408

What master cylinder should I get?

I have stock type front disc/rear drum manual brakes.  I'm not interested in moving to power brakes.  What master cylinder should I be looking for? 

I was looking at one from a Ford Ranger because it had an aluminum body, but it's turned out to be hard to find.  

31 minutes ago, potato said:

What year ford ranger?  Cause there tons of them at the local pull-a-part yards.

the one a buddy sourced is a from an '84.  I really want to put a new part on. I'm assuming that since the car has disks on the front, it should have to larger reservoir at the back.  The one currently on the car has the same size reservoir front and rear.  

I also used the Ford Ranger/Explorer Master Cylinder.  The only mod was that the mounting holes had to be slightly enlarged.  Can't remember which one, pick the one that has the brake line fitting holes facing out (toward the fender), not in, toward the engine.

I used a Wilwood proportioning valve which has the pressure actuated brake light switch, and that gets rid of the brake pedal mounted one.

You can see the master cylinder in the picture.  I used a dual diaphragm power brake booster, which makes the use of a standard master cylinder a very tight fit to the shock tower.   I did that to avoid header interference as I am running a C-6 auto.

shakerx.jpg