Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

How would I install a 4 point harness w/o a roll cage

The 2014 seats I’m installing will not go full back because of the seatbelt retractor.

I’ve tried many ways to install these seats, but still the retractor is in the way.

I never have back seat passengers and I have the fond down seat. 

Do i mount to the back seatbelt bolt OR install a crossbrace OR put 2 holes in the floor behind the front seat??

Thanks to all!!!

Here’s picture showing the seat hitting the seatbelt retractor.

I had measured and fitted things w/o the plastic side cover. The cover is making most of the contact and I can’t take it off, because you would see all the seat mechanisms 88938D2D-8758-4BF5-9BEB-C43A726B7848.thumb.jpeg.71aa6c71aaaf99dd2621e67476c6e455.jpeg

I saw a three point installation one time where the guy mounted the retractor inside the interior quarter panel. made a slot in the panel with a grommet installed, the modification looked like it belonged there.

Yes, and from the back side. But a nut welded to a plate, and installed from the back side, could easily be plug welded securely. I made mine, but many places have them for sale ready to install.

17 hours ago, prayers1 said:

That part is for an extension of the ridged sleeve, that is right of the drivers seat. 
My problem is with the seat belt retractor

What I was reffering too, is to bolt an extention to the existing bolt hole and with another nut welded to an extention plate move the retractor backwards.