Sign in to follow this  
tdhat

Coup rear trim color dilemma

I am restoring a '69 coupe that is/was Wimbledon White with light blue interior, I am having a hard time finding information about the rear window trim pieces and the proper color. the originals look like faded blue, but I am being told that for other color cars they are Grey or Semi-gloss black. does anyone know or have a resource for this information? 

I have a theory about this and some evidence to support it.  If your coupe had a black vinyl top, like most Grande's did, the rear window trims are black.  If no vinyl top, they are a grey color.  I think the parts book might also list another color or two though I have never seen any colors but black or gray.  I have the rear window trims from an extremely low mileage plain vanilla coupe, body color new lime, and they are grey.

41 minutes ago, rockhouse66 said:

I have a theory about this and some evidence to support it.  If your coupe had a black vinyl top, like most Grande's did, the rear window trims are black.  If no vinyl top, they are a grey color.  I think the parts book might also list another color or two though I have never seen any colors but black or gray.  I have the rear window trims from an extremely low mileage plain vanilla coupe, body color new lime, and they are grey.

My 69 Grande is not vinyl top and gloss black trim.