Sign in to follow this  
EastYorkStang

1970 underdash wiring help

The 70s aren’t exactly like the 69s, but the following should suffice. Fuse #2 is usually only used on Cougars, as they have more “stuff”. My car doesn’t use it but all you have to do is put a fuse in, and it’ll have power whenever the ignition is in Accy or On. My car even has a plug dangling there that is waiting to be used.

image.png.0a268861b611dcd447cc8f2a075e4362.png

Wire 19A blue/red stripe coming from fuse #5 (4A) above is for the lights and is on the light switch dimmer circuit. Wires 19a through 19e go to all of those lights listed above. You could tap into one of those wires or get one of those circular clips with a male terminal on the end, that one end of the fuse 5 can clip into. You would want the right side of fuse #5 to take advantage of the fuse.  Personally I would tap into the wire, solder and tape over the joint.

image.thumb.png.4785529e41b18ec525bc7297853c5ba3.png

image.png.b30d9b125c3bc0af1114c9952c21bf2d.png

Tap into the green/red or red/green wire coming from the ignition switch for power for the aftermarket tach.  There should be a single blue/red wire coming down into the center console area that you can tap into; if you can't find that, tap into the blue/red wire for the factory radio plug for the light.  You'll need a ground wire and a signal wire going out to the - side of the coil.