Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Anyone install 2013-14 Mustang seats?

Once I start a project, it seems I do 3 Different ones at a time. So, I picked up these seats

Like to get some feedback from others that might have done the same.

Im also gonna leather cover the dash and center console.

ie… wire hook up, seat track install, rear seats installed.

Thanks!!!

013CA0DE-0490-4F7E-A056-FE28108BF68E.jpeg

Well the seats came in today. 
it’s gonna be quit a challenge to get them bolted up. The stock seats are 14” wide on center and the new seats are 15 1/2” on center.

The length of the stock track is 11”, the new ones are 18”.

im gonna have to be real creative. 
Does anyone have experience with this or an ideal of what to do?

Thanks!!

B846BCD5-8BD8-4B0B-9848-1E1E115956ED.jpeg

78EE6799-5249-43B6-A8B7-9B579207ED23.jpeg

I have never did the swap before but have looked into it once. The main objective for me was the height. If I had thought of the idea before I got to far along with the restoration I could have modified the seat risers to accept the new tracks but of course I didn't. 

Need some advise here!

I took the motor frame off. For now I’m just gonna mount the 2014 seat on the 69 tracks. I’m not sure where to mount them, dead center, closer to the front or further back. One issue is the 69 lever for forwards and backwards. It hits the cushion unless I mount the tracks closer to the front. 

Maybe someone here has some experience with this.

Here’s some pics to see what I’m doing.

5BDD1B3D-DBB9-4454-822D-A070B3E5AE04.jpeg

5B483D8B-BE8F-45EE-87C5-A62498445D5D.jpeg

I did some searches on this topic and found a few articles and some VMF threads. Most say yes they will work but don't give any how to do. That's the way it was back when I was thinking about doing this too. I would try to mock it up by putting the seats in there where they are comfortable to you and try to calculate where the tracks need to be to accomplish that position. also when you find your comfortable position try to locate the tracks to where they will have movement forward and backwards. If your handle won't allow you to mount tracks in that position then you may have to modify the positioning handle. I know this can be a challenge but you can do it.

The seat needs to be in a comfortable position and the tracks need to be bolted to the seats in a position that they will be in line with original holes in seat riser or you will have to drill new access  holes too.

Prayers, the 70 Grande I bought last summer came with SN95 power seats with booster. The motors were removed and the 70 track mounted on the seat. I do not know how much SN95 seats are similar to what you have. The seats are out of the car. If you want I can get you some pictures of the seats with frame, installed on the car etc but it will take me two weeks to do that due to my work trip.

I’ve bolted the drivers side with the 69 seat track and placed the seat in the car. I found the driver’s side to be about an1 1/2” too tall. I found that the plastic cover, which is only on the left of the seat is the problem, so I took it off and replaced the seat. Now the backseat tilt controls rub on the carpet and it’s about 3/4” too short on the other side as well. 
I’m 6’ and I feel I’m too low in these seats, plus I hand about 6” of head clearance. I’m thinking off putting on the power seat motor frame. The only problem with that is the frame width is 15”, I need 14” and the length of the track is 18”, I need 12”.

I was thinking of drilling new holes to fit the 15”x18”. Or running flat stock on the width and drilling holes to accept the bolts that go through the floor.

What do you guys think??

D9446715-2595-437E-84E8-37F135A2FBDC.jpeg

2F5CC3DB-9846-450B-8E24-B1753CEAEC0C.jpeg

8891A471-8D62-4762-993D-179E63C9634C.jpeg

I can’t seem to rest, always thinking a better way. How about if I use 3/4” square stock bolting that to the seat the same direction as the seat frame, then bolt the tracks on top of the square stock.

This should allow me to use the plastic cover and fill in the gap on the other side.

What do you say???

16 hours ago, prayers1 said:

I can’t seem to rest, always thinking a better way. How about if I use 3/4” square stock bolting that to the seat the same direction as the seat frame, then bolt the tracks on top of the square stock.

This should allow me to use the plastic cover and fill in the gap on the other side.

What do you say???

One of the threads I read on VMF the guy said that he used the 69 tracks with spacers. I'll see if I can find it and post

I can't find that thread now I think it was a link that carried me to another thread now I can't get back to it. If I am not mistaken tho he mentioned something about putting spacers under the tracks to to raise the seat up enough to keep them from rubbing the carpet. I think you are on the right track.

det0326, I found the thread with the barrel spacers. There was a lot of feedback about the tensile strength vs. sheer strength. After reading that I decided to by 1” square tubing. I’m gonna bolt the tubing and seat tracks at one time on the base of the seat using 2 grade 8, 5/16 x 2 1/2” bolts, lock washers and nuts. On the original seat tracks there are a few rivets that one shouldn’t grind down, so I’m gonna put a couple 5/16s washers in between the track and tubing on the 2 1/2” bolts, I’ll take some pictures once I get things going.

Unfortunately I couldn’t  use the 2014 seat frame, that’s means no power seats.

I took 1” square stock and grade 8 bolts and bolted it to the 69 track that was then bolted to the 2014 seat frame. I had to put 5 washers between the square stock and seat track so that the seat adjustment could move freely. 
The only problem I faced is that I couldn’t get the seat to glide fully back because it would hit the seat retractor. 

I could cut a slot in the sill and install another anchor plate 4” back to allow full use of the seat OR use a 90degree bracket used for seat belts and install it on the floor board, but over the rear torque box. 
I would anchor a grade 8 bolt with a large round washer supplied by  the seatbelt company or use an anchor late.

Since I don’t ever have any passengers, the second option is what I’m gonna use.

66830945-319C-4350-81ED-CB29D05F5958.jpeg

C3BD0921-AE1D-4B74-9D70-BD8E7D88F69E.jpeg

10CB3479-507E-4630-BCBB-321CCA8DB691.jpeg

7D856C9C-D87E-4988-BE90-3FC067959FF6.jpeg