potato

Granada spindles and wheels with 4.25" backspacing?

My car has '75 granada spindles and discs up front.  I'm trying to figure out the size rims to order.  My 16x8 with 4.5" backspacing will rub on the upper control arms when the wheels are turned too far in either direction.  I'm looking at some 15x7 and 17x8, both with 4.25" backspacing.

Can somebody offer any input as to these size wheels with granaga spindles.  Bonus points for pictures showing how close the wheel and tire will get to the upper control arms while turning.

2 hours ago, Kyle T said:

I also have Granada spindles and disks on the front.  My 17x8 with 4.5" BS fit fine with no rubbing.  

--Kyle T--

Awesome.  And you didn't need to run any spacers?

On 5/1/2022 at 10:05 PM, potato said:

My car has '75 granada spindles and discs up front.  I'm trying to figure out the size rims to order.  My 16x8 with 4.5" backspacing will rub on the upper control arms when the wheels are turned too far in either direction.  I'm looking at some 15x7 and 17x8, both with 4.25" backspacing.

Can somebody offer any input as to these size wheels with granaga spindles.  Bonus points for pictures showing how close the wheel and tire will get to the upper control arms while turning.

I have granda front disc with global west suspension. I lowered my upper control arms 1" (called the Shelby drop) for better handling. I have 17x 8 US Mags - Bandit rims with 4.54 backspacing up front with Nitto NT555 G2 225 x 45. I have no rubbing at all. 

20211019_155808.jpg

20201106_190901.jpg