smh00n

70 brake support brace D0ZZ-6501524

Gentlemens

My 70 has been badly converted from manual drum to power disc front brakes.

Recently I saw that a brace between the dash and pedal support is used on factory discs; P/N 01524 from the MPC

image.png.7e3391ae216c82f92f55cf6ed6c11c0b.png

My questions are

a) Do I need to fit this brace

b) if yes, does anyone have one? A search of the interwebs doesn't bring up the part number.

01542 and 015A18 are attached to bracket welded to the cowl and the lower dash on steering column mount area. Just looked and both my 70 vert with factory non-power drum and 70 Grande with factory power disc cars have both of those braces. You can see those 2 braces if/when you remove the dash pad. If your's is missing, I don't think it is necessary for brake conversion.

Well, this thing is a total stuff up. They have put a 69 pedal and booster into it. I have had to replace the booster so went with what was in it.

I've not pulled what I call the pedal box (P/N 01508) out but I need to when I convert it to stick. Hopefully it is a '70 and is a power brake assembly. If it's not, then that will explain all the hassles I've had with trying to get the brakes on this thing sorted.

I'm pretty sure that P/N 015A18 is missing, as I think that bolts to the aluminium spacers on the steering column top mount (?). If so, then that is missing too.

Any one have a complete power disc, stick trans pedal assembly for a 70 they have for sale? 

Are these any good and is the shop worth dealing with?

https://www.macsautoparts.com/1970-mustang-brake-and-clutch-pedal-support-to-dash-bracket-set-3-pieces-44-48672-1.html

01508 should have the place for clutch pedal, non power brake pedal and brake pedal on it. When I converted my non power brake 69 to power brake, I installed the new power pedal to original 01508 after I removed the captive nuts. 1970 pedal has more offset to clear the thicker 1970 steering column.

You can use 1970 brake pedal on 1969, but the other way around may not be possible. Just have make sure you use power pedal for power brake, non power pedal for non power brake. Difference between manual and auto brake pedals is that the auto has bigger pad.

Just pulled the dash - I am missing 015A18 and 04510/01524 brackets. The triangular one and the pressed steel straight one.

Spoke to Leigh and he confirmed the 01508 bracket is the same so I just need to check what bracket they have used. I'm sure I checked and it was a 69 power brake pedal with a 69 booster in the car.

I have mine all apart at the moment.  If you need pics just let me know.  I am in Brisbane….I have converted from manual to power brakes with a genuine 70 booster.

1 minute ago, Hux said:

I have mine all apart at the moment.  If you need pics just let me know.  I am in Brisbane….I have converted from manual to power brakes with a genuine 70 booster.

Damn yes! If you could send me where the triangular bracket bolts on the lower bolt holes that would be great. Mine has A/C so trying to see past the vent hoses is a bit of a nightmare.

If it is also easy to send a shot of the pressed metal brace that goes form the dash to the firewall I'd appreciate it.

Can send you my email if thats easier.

1 hour ago, det0326 said:

doesn't the hole in  69 booster pushrod that attaches to the petal have a downward offset and the 70 is straight. That maybe a good way to tell which u have

That's correct, but if you use them as a matched pair then they work. You can't put a 69 pedal on a 70 booster (and vice versa).

From what I have learned over the past day the pedal box is the same regardless of brake. Looks like I am missing 2 brackets to the firewall.

14 hours ago, smh00n said:

You in Brisvegas and you are cheering for the 'riff? What am I missing here

I was going for Canberra - they are more palatable than Penrith :-)