Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

Scammer alert

I have one thing to check on first ,it seems the coolant temp sensor can cause all the problems i am having ,from the trouble shooting guide talking about black smoke as one of the symptoms ,none of the other sensors cause this ,i believe that is the problem . Problem is it is under the intake so i have to pull it but that is actually very simple on this motor . These friggen computer cars ,if you look at them funny they will throw a code ! 

I may have stumbled into the problem ! I took the intake off to get to the temperature sensor and i noticed the inside of the driverside head was coated with gas ,the only way gas could get there is if the intake was leaking where it mates to the head ,the top of the head mounting surface was also coated . I have to wait on a set of gaskets but i think this is it ...maybe ,possible ,could be ! 

I already cleaned it a bit but you can still see the stain from the gas at the front and second port ,it had a lot more than this  . 

20220429_112434.jpg

I said all along it would be something so stupid you wouldn't even think of it ! When i put the 07 motor into my 05 mustang the 07 harness was still on it ,it wouldnt work in the 05 so i had to change it inside the car ,that wasnt easy because it was almost impossible to get to the tranny sensors . I must have twisted the rear part of the harness,the part with the plug ins for the 02 sensors . I had the bank 1 sensor plugged into the bank 2 02 sensor and the bank 2 sensor plugged into the bank 1 sensor ...does not work that way ! Swapped the plug ins today and its like a new car ,should be ,i replaced every sensor ,spark plugs ,coils  and even resealed the intake and throttle body . Now i can finally finish it up and drive !

Hooked my scanner to it and it shows the 02 sensors OK for the first time since i got it running . It did kick into fail safe mode just for a minute and cleared but i think that was because all the sensors hadn't cleared yet ,it still shows the converters not clear but it will take a few miles driving before they do ,it runs great and it does chirp 3 when it shifts  haha.