Busch

Throttle cable bracket

I have a 69 Mach 1 that has been swapped from a 351W to a 351C. The car is currently using a homegrown cable bracket and the stock cable with an HP4150 on top of a Holley Strip Dominator. My current setup works fine, but the bracket isn’t particularly pleasing to the eye in the looks department.

Anybody know what bracket fits? 

Here is the Custom Bracket I made for a Summit 600 CFM M08600VS Carb.   Made from a repro Boss 302 bracket (NPD # 9741-6A) and an old RACO electrical box cover I had laying around. 

The drop on the Boss Bracket is similar if not the same to the one RogerC posted, but I needed more drop to clear the bottom of the Summit carb.

The MOD to the bracket is basically not visible or obvious once installed.

B302-Bracket-Drop-Ext2.JPG

B302-Modded-Bracket-on-Carb1.JPG

B302-Modded-Bracket-on-Carb3.JPG

I am probably not able to use anything that mounts using the passenger side rear carb stud. My HP series 4150 has an accelerator pump pretty much obstructing that stud.

34 minutes ago, Busch said:

I am probably not able to use anything that mounts using the passenger side rear carb stud. My HP series 4150 has an accelerator pump pretty much obstructing that stud.

Same with the 600 CFM Holley Double Pumper I had on my car before.   I cut up a 1969 2BBL carb bracket to work on this Holley, maybe you could do something similar:

Holley-custom-ACC-bracket1.JPG

Holley-custom-ACC-bracket2.JPG

3 hours ago, Busch said:

That's where I'm at with the QFT carb. However, I'm fabricating a bracket utilizing the 2 threaded holes on the left rear of the  intake for an AT feedback cable bracket.

I don't have any pics yet, just recently made some templates from cardboard and cut a couple of pieces of steel. Will be mocking it up sometime soon.

IMG_0801.thumb.JPG.3ed237ec557ce5e40e2cd1e6e54cd41b.JPG