Busch

Throttle cable bracket

I have a 69 Mach 1 that has been swapped from a 351W to a 351C. The car is currently using a homegrown cable bracket and the stock cable with an HP4150 on top of a Holley Strip Dominator. My current setup works fine, but the bracket isn’t particularly pleasing to the eye in the looks department.

Anybody know what bracket fits? 

Here is the Custom Bracket I made for a Summit 600 CFM M08600VS Carb.   Made from a repro Boss 302 bracket (NPD # 9741-6A) and an old RACO electrical box cover I had laying around. 

The drop on the Boss Bracket is similar if not the same to the one RogerC posted, but I needed more drop to clear the bottom of the Summit carb.

The MOD to the bracket is basically not visible or obvious once installed.

B302-Bracket-Drop-Ext2.JPG

B302-Modded-Bracket-on-Carb1.JPG

B302-Modded-Bracket-on-Carb3.JPG

34 minutes ago, Busch said:

I am probably not able to use anything that mounts using the passenger side rear carb stud. My HP series 4150 has an accelerator pump pretty much obstructing that stud.

Same with the 600 CFM Holley Double Pumper I had on my car before.   I cut up a 1969 2BBL carb bracket to work on this Holley, maybe you could do something similar:

Holley-custom-ACC-bracket1.JPG

Holley-custom-ACC-bracket2.JPG

3 hours ago, Busch said:

I am probably not able to use anything that mounts using the passenger side rear carb stud. My HP series 4150 has an accelerator pump pretty much obstructing that stud.

That's where I'm at with the QFT carb. However, I'm fabricating a bracket utilizing the 2 threaded holes on the left rear of the  intake for an AT feedback cable bracket.

I don't have any pics yet, just recently made some templates from cardboard and cut a couple of pieces of steel. Will be mocking it up sometime soon.

IMG_0801.thumb.JPG.3ed237ec557ce5e40e2cd1e6e54cd41b.JPG

Might as well provide an update for this issue now that the forum is working again.  After researching a bit I dug up a thread here on this forum from 2019 and found that there was a company that made a bracket that fits a double pumper named Sanco Specialties. The guy running that company disappeared in his airplane so the bracket production stopped several years ago. Recently a company in Texas named JAK Precision Machining reverse engineered a Sanco bracket and started offering them for sale.  I picked up one of the JAK brackets and found the fit to be excellent.

IMG_5012.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg

Way cool, great find !!

I see also that my modded bracket I did for the Vac-Sec Summit carb would not work on the DP Holley.   Must have that narrower bracket on the RH side that the JAK Bracket has to clear the DP linkage.

Doug

I think I read that the missing airplane guy also made the fender extension broken tab glue on fix it piece. Wonder if JAK is making those also. Busch do you have contact info for JAK you can share?

I found out about the JAK bracket in a parts for sale ad on a Boss 302 forum. The president of JAK Precision Machining left his email in that ad.

I contacted Tim this morning and he said he they still plenty of the JAK brackets in stock. He also shared a few photos of a JAK bracket next to a Boss 302 and a Boss 429 bracket.

Tim Barker
President
JAK Precision Machining LLC
972-342-0588

timbarker01@sbcglobal.net

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

Edited by Busch
Added pics