Cantedvalve

1970 Mustang Retromod - Boss 351

Worked on getting some of the remaining bits of the driver quarter off.  The driver side quarter had been replaced, and where it was inconvenient to take the entire quarter panel off, they cut it and overlapped.  Specifically, where the roof meet is the quarter, the new quarter was brazed (uggg) over the roof, when it should have been under the roof.  Also on the window flange… two layers.  Oh well, I can get it off.

CBAC9E79-B209-4352-AC9B-C44F45FF1C10.jpeg

6655BFD0-33CD-47F3-BA1C-12997737389C.jpeg

Oh we have both.  It is all clean now.  Havent done much the last couple weeks.  We bought an old electric oven for powder coating.  Going to do the pedals first.  Josh has been media blasting parts (quarter extensions and fender extensions) and spraying primer on them.  I hope to get back onto the unibody tonight.

Tonight I worked on getting the remnants of the roof off the car.  Spot weld cutter front and back, and a death wheel used as a grinder on the sides.  I still have the passenger side to do.  @viperpete I am attaching the photo of my front floor support pin.  Its the one I was talking about in message.  I think maybe that hole isnt meant for the X measurement.  I think I need to remove it and go with a flat plate like you have at the very front of the floor support.

IMG_2399.JPEG

IMG_2401.JPEG

IMG_2402.JPEG

IMG_2403.JPEG

IMG_2404.JPEG