rr03cobra

Electric fan fitment issues

okay, so I bought the CVF serpentine pulley system and the mustangs to fear radiator with electric fans. I didn't have the pulley system installed before the fan came in so I didn't have time to measure. Well the measurement from the pulleys to the radiator support (fan shroud mounting location) is 6 1/2" and the fans/radiator depth is 6 3/8".  I'm wondering if I can fix this with motor mounts or if anyone else has a radiator/fan setup that will work?  Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated...........I know...... I should have measured before I bought both items....TIA...Rich

All the pulleys are just the water pump one. My water pump pulley was the one that was closer than the others but I used the dual fans and it so happened that the water pump pulley being in the middle hit right between the fans and cleared. I used late 80s early 90s f150 brackets tho.

talked to CVF and they said that pump/pulley combo is only available for the V belt system. I got a hold of MTF and they mentioned they've had this issue before. The shroud mounting tabs also interfere with the radiator and them rub on the fins.  Their solution was to cut off the mounting tabs and some of the radiator support to add extra clearance.  I'm going to cut the metal back to where it is rounded and that should give me enough room. This is a 6 cylinder sportsroof that is being heavily modified so I'm okay with that. thanks everyone for the help. posted my solution in case anyone else runs into this..........Rich

..  Hey Rich, can you post some pics..I have the CVF setup with 2-12" Maradyne fans.  I used a DeWitt Direct Fit Radiator.

I also have adjustable motor mounts.  The front to back drivetrain movement is limited by (in my case) the trans cross member slotted hole length.  You can gain maybe 1/2" to 3/4" from that.

I had to take the billet cover plate off of one pulley to make sure I had the clearance that I felt comfortable with, which is about an inch.

If you use a single fan, or the offset Contour fans, that may help your problem.

I will be back home next weekend and can get you better pics if you need it.

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

Here are some pics. I don't have the top radiator hold down bolted to the radiator support and there is about 3/4" before it even touches it. You can see that the mounting area for the shroud touches the radiator fins already. That is where I'm thinking about cutting it. I could then move the radiator in quite a bit. IMG_8256.thumb.JPG.86d7dab93e4e0d2fe36091ffcb0f7692.JPGIMG_8256.thumb.JPG.86d7dab93e4e0d2fe36091ffcb0f7692.JPGIMG_8257.thumb.JPG.0be5e6c1de00971f85e635485593b475.JPGIMG_8256.thumb.JPG.53f252c6019c117486c6d7252105609d.JPG

IMG_8254_LI.jpg