Tyler9118

Shock tower questions

I’m have a few question I’m working with a 1969 Mach one and my buddy says he has some old shock towers that I can have for it. I looked at them but the vin on them doesn’t make sense to me.  It starts with the star and is 2t10023 then a star. I just want to make sure they will fit a 69. They look the same as the ones off from my car but I thought the 2 was for a 1972.  So also wondering if there was anything weird with the stamping on New Jersey built cars maybe? Just got me wondering 

My 70 is a Metuchen build and it has a 0T14xxxx which matches the VIN on the dash.  No idea how it could have a 2 unless it was off a 72 - maybe someone here has enough knowledge to know whether they look the same, you would need to measure them up side by side to be sure.  Personal view is that with the quality of the Dynacorn replacements which have thicker metal and reinforcements - and that you dont have to unpick spot welds etc I would just go with new.

PS Mine has a star and then 0T——-

PPS No idea whether there is some weird variations but if it was stamped wrong it could have 2T10023 being fastback with 200ci 6 cylinder, as a full vin could be 9R02T10023- plenty of stories about of stuffed up VIN stamps on towers.  However only way you will know is if you measure carefully side by side.  I would still either buy new of get some Cougar towers from West Coast Cougar