Paige302

69 coupe rear window molding retaining clips

Hi all

I'm reinstalling my rear glass after the big paint job on my 69 coupe. I've got all of the molding retaining clips from when I dismantled the car but they are in rough shape. the workshop manual and all of the parts sites sell the same clips for the front and rear glass (42413). however the clips that came off my car have different sized clips for front and rear glass. they appear to be the clips from the 68 rear window.

has anyone else come across this? any member know what size retaining clip is on their 69 coupe.

photo with three clips: top/large came from my rear window, middle/small replacement for front windscreen, bottom/small came from my front windscreen.

cheers

Screenshot_2022-03-07-11-39-11-115_com.facebook.orca.jpg

IMG_20220307_114050.jpg

IMG_20220307_114134.jpg

IMG_20220307_114758.jpg

It has been a few years since I reassembled my 69 Grande; if my memory serves me right, it had the smaller clips. Looks like both smaller and bigger clips will work and might be that they used some left over 68 clips on your car if it was an early production car.

@aslanefe that was my thoughts, my car was build in late 68 so im of the mind that they just used what was around. thanks for the input about what your car has.

@rwcstang thats where my problem is as well, all of the parts sites are focused on the fastback which is a complete different set up. the fastback has a lot more clips and is a stainless moulding similar to the windscreen, whereas the coupes are thicker pressed metal molding. 

I believe there are probably variation in the clips that were used at different build dates and different assembly plants. I've bought a 68 kit with both sized clips so I'm covered either way. ultimately i think they will both work fine.