Her69fastback

Auto meter temp gauge sensor.

I’m putting a Holley sniper on the 302. The edelbrock intake only have 2 coolant port. One is for the heater hose & one for the sensor for the sniper. I’m going to use auto meter temp gauge. Where is everyone putting that sensor? 

7 hours ago, Her69fastback said:

I’m putting a Holley sniper on the 302. The edelbrock intake only have 2 coolant port. One is for the heater hose & one for the sensor for the sniper. I’m going to use auto meter temp gauge. Where is everyone putting that sensor? 

Don't know why you want to put autometer temp gauge as Sniper shows coolant temp on display if you want. Sniper provided temp sensors often does not read correct, I had to replace it. I installed the Sniper temp sensor on intake, and installed the original temp sensor which goes to original temp gauge on thermostat housing using a housing that has a port for sensor. As far as I remember, the housing I used is Duralast brand. Both Sniper and original gauge show the coolant temp. If you have to have autometer temp gauge, installing it on the thermostat housing is the easiest. A sensor is installed on housing will read a little low when thermostat is closed though.

I needed 3 temp sensors, one for my VHX dash, one for my EFI, and one for my PWM fan controller.   I used a late model 5.0 thermostat housing, which has a spot for the sensor.  Come come without the hole, and can be drilled and tapped for your sensor.   It does make the radiator hose routing interesting...   I am running a 351W based 393 stroker.

temp sensors.jpg

engine.jpg

On 3/20/2022 at 7:54 AM, Vicfreg said:

I needed 3 temp sensors, one for my VHX dash, one for my EFI, and one for my PWM fan controller.   I used a late model 5.0 thermostat housing, which has a spot for the sensor.  Come come without the hole, and can be drilled and tapped for

I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but I too used a 5.0 thermostat housing on my 393W.  It worked out perfect with my oversized radiator. 

IMG_9909.JPG