Mike65

Our new garage

We are now settled into our "new to us" home pictures are hung, ceiling fans put up & some other stuff done so now it is garage time. The property to the left of the carport that was very flat so we contracted with a local company to come out to pour a fotting & slab that a few weeks later the garage was put up. It is 24' wide x 25' deep with 11' high walls which BTW will be high enough for a lift. This is the new home for my Mustang & my wife's motorcycle. We have to have the electrical work done, insulated, & finished interior walls put up.

100_1855.thumb.JPG.e3cb1d3d1bce91973877e310d25424ed.JPG

Nicely Done!!!   After you powerwash the floor, ask your concrete guy what sealer he would recommend.  It will make cleanup easier later....

Go with LED overhead lighting, it is relatively cheap, and the light coverage is great.   You can mount it where the walls meet the ceiling and face the lights down at a 45 degree angle. Will prevent "hanging" lights.....

22 hours ago, RPM said:

Kudos Mike. Your life just got much easier. I'm happy for you. After a bit you'll wish you made it bigger. True story. 

We did a big remodel in 2001 and knocked down an old 2 car "detached" and put up a 24x48 x 10' high "attached" garage with a 10x10 mudroom between ... and YES within 10 years I wish I had made it BIGGER.   The '69 hibernates sideways in the back of the garage so I can fit 4 DD's up front for winter months.    

Deeper would allow 3 cars deep nose-to-tail and Wider would give a little more breathing room plus would have allowed an 18FT. door.

Our house is not all that big (about the same 24x48 footprint as the garage), so the garage also serves as our great room for year-round parties.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack, but thought I'd share  !!

Mike does have the carport that one DD could park in, so that helps.

Doug

Doug, quite alright. Once the inside is finished my Mustang & my wife's motorcycle are going in the garage then her Bronco Sport can have the carport. I would have built it longer but the property starts to slope away a little & would have needed foundation work, the concrete was expensive enough for a 24 x 25.

Congrats on the new shop.

I wish I had that kind of space to expand into. Right now my oversized 3 car garage is a Tetris model, or more like a Rubix cube when moving things around. Your ceiling height is perfect. Being able to stand upright under the car is a real luxury.