joper1967

Help identifying buck tag

17M           63B        F        S                   5W

9T02F144587                    SP                 PAINT

AC PB   LP           C            PS                    WT9036

14 minutes ago, 69RavenConv said:

Looks like a Metuchen, NJ build (wavy edge). Like Brian writes above, if you can post the text we can probably decode it. I think I see power brakes, power steering, air conditioning and maybe a special paint color. Welcome to the site!

Thanks I did.  Appreciate your help.

I would definitely order a Marti. You have a nicely optioned car at the very least. Depending upon how complete the car is, you can probably deduce the original color by looking for overspray or other hidden spots of original color.

You may not want to keep it original, pink or otherwise, but it's always cool to know what it started out as. 

I had a poster in my garage for a long time of a '69 vert in pink.  Not a great poster but I have a vert and there aren't a ton of posters with a '69 convertible on them, so you take what you can get... :)

2 minutes ago, 69RavenConv said:

Yes, it looks like your car was special ordered pink. Kinda unique but you can repaint it any color you want. 

Yeah, pretty cool knowing its a special order car.  I'm leaning on painting it candy apple red.  Big difference.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:50 PM, 69RavenConv said:

I would definitely order a Marti. You have a nicely optioned car at the very least. Depending upon how complete the car is, you can probably deduce the original color by looking for overspray or other hidden spots of original color.

You may not want to keep it original, pink or otherwise, but it's always cool to know what it started out as. 

I had a poster in my garage for a long time of a '69 vert in pink.  Not a great poster but I have a vert and there aren't a ton of posters with a '69 convertible on them, so you take what you can get... :)

I'm still holding out hope for a Hot Wheels of a 69 convertible that ISN'T a Shelby.

I just got my Marti Report.  Do you think it’s worth restoring to original?  Or should I do a restormod.  How much do you think I can get for a pink mustang Fastback.  Is this considered really rare car?  The color and trim is the rare part, but do people actually value the color and trim?  

8B53BE51-FCC9-4F66-A089-9EF318ADA2D6.jpeg

It did come with a lot of desirable options ... especially for a 302 car ... 302 is better than a six, but too bad they did not at least pick a 351.

They built way more Mach 1's than Deluxe Interior Decor Group Sportsroofs.   And with the console, it is a Mach 1 interior but without the highback seats (that were optional).

I would restore it stock including the unique and rare PINK color.   

Build up the 302 to a stroker (347 or ??) or swap in a mild 351W.   With the stronger engine, you'll obviously want to put dual exhaust on it.   May as well then buy the dual exhaust cut out valance panel and use the factory quad tips to keep the factory look.

Upgrade the wheels/tires and if you want a factory look but in modern aluminum wheels, Legendary Wheel offers three '69 vintage options:

LW60 = Mach 1/GT style wheels in 15x7 ... https://www.holley.com/brands/legendary_wheels/products/wheels/wheels/vintage/legendary_wheels_lw60/

Magnum 500 in 15, 16 & 17" sizes ...  https://www.holley.com/brands/legendary_wheels/products/wheels/wheels/vintage/magnum_500/

LW69 = Shelby in 15 or 17" sizes ... https://www.holley.com/brands/legendary_wheels/products/wheels/wheels/vintage/legendary_wheels_lw69/

I've got the LW69's in 15x7 on my '69 GT (see avatar) and really like the look and quality of them.   The LW60 style is what my car originally had (and was a factory OPTION on your car), but they were not released yet when I bought my wheels in 2017.   I'm really happy with the LW69's, but it certainly would have been a tough choice if the LW60's were available.

If the seat covers / front seats are trashed, you could find a set of highbacks and then do the nicer and more comfortable Mach 1 upholstery, which would have been the stock upholstery had the factory "highback" option had been selected on your car ... so this would still maintain the "stock look". 

This rare and unique car restored "stock" would draw crowds at car shows and everywhere you go ... my suggestions (easily reversable mods) would make it more so.

Doug

Ya, I don't know. If mine, and I painted it back to the original pink, I think id enjoy it... for a day. Now if it had the original paint in driver condition, I'd keep it.