Joe Dozzo

69 Conv Quarter Window Frame bushing / roller

Hello,

My quarter windows need a little help.  The glass is fine and the regulators work.  The problem is, it is easy to "rock" the window forward and back - perhaps an inch or two at the top of the window.  Makes closing the doors a challenge!

I can easily find quarter window assemblies at ~$200 each but that seems expensive to replace a couple (3 per window) plastic bushings (or maybe they are called "rollers")

image.thumb.png.51cabb87023400ed0f816bf7e9c7e36e.png

Anyone know of a source or part number?

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, Joe Dozzo said:

Hello,

My quarter windows need a little help.  The glass is fine and the regulators work.  The problem is, it is easy to "rock" the window forward and back - perhaps an inch or two at the top of the window.  Makes closing the doors a challenge!

I can easily find quarter window assemblies at ~$200 each but that seems expensive to replace a couple (3 per window) plastic bushings (or maybe they are called "rollers")

Anyone know of a source or part number?

Thank you.

They are not reproduced. But this link have couple ideas for you.

54 minutes ago, Joe Dozzo said:

Exactly on point, thanks!

Aslanefe - I have two convertibles and could use 12 and would be happy to cover costs+

I recommend that you remove the glasses on your cars and check the rollers first. It may be that they are just loose and you can tighten them as described on the thread I linked. But if one of the tabs/wings of the rollers are broken, you will need new ones. I do not know your capabilities, make sure you understood how I installed them because you need to be able to remove the old ones, modify the original fastener by drilling and tapping. If you still want 12 rollers without checking them first, that is fine with me but you have to give me some time before I can print them.

Good Morning and certainly fair points!

I like to think I'm a pretty fair mechanic though it's not my profession.  I'm in the middle of two fairly substantial projects, a mild restoration of my wife's 69 302 (it's getting an intake and Holley Sniper upgrade today) then Vintage Air and some new gears over the coming weeks.  The worst window is out and has two broken tabs - so it's definitely in need.  Others are in unknown shape but I prefer to have parts, just in case.  (Other project is a Boss 429 convertible, 6 speed with IFS and IRS - but that's a whole other topic!)

It's still winter here in CO so I'm not in any particular rush.  If you can do these, that would be great and I'd be most appreciative (and pay, as I mentioned).  If you'd prefer not, that's ok too.  Learning they are not available commercially was important and if I have to go with new quarter window assemblies, I will.

Thanks for your comments and advice, I do appreciate them.

West Coast Cougar is usually a good source for Cougar and Mustangs. I have great luck with them. I saw your this on their website. They also have some great information on their website.  I like the idea of the 3D printer.  Nice idea.  I found this on their website for the rollers for a 1969 mustang 

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/15086-Roller-Quarter-Window-Used-1969-1970-Mercury-Cougar-/-1969-1970-Ford-Mustang.html?sessionthemeid=26

3 hours ago, Joe Dozzo said:

Good Morning and certainly fair points!

I like to think I'm a pretty fair mechanic though it's not my profession.  I'm in the middle of two fairly substantial projects, a mild restoration of my wife's 69 302 (it's getting an intake and Holley Sniper upgrade today) then Vintage Air and some new gears over the coming weeks.  The worst window is out and has two broken tabs - so it's definitely in need.  Others are in unknown shape but I prefer to have parts, just in case.  (Other project is a Boss 429 convertible, 6 speed with IFS and IRS - but that's a whole other topic!)

It's still winter here in CO so I'm not in any particular rush.  If you can do these, that would be great and I'd be most appreciative (and pay, as I mentioned).  If you'd prefer not, that's ok too.  Learning they are not available commercially was important and if I have to go with new quarter window assemblies, I will.

Thanks for your comments and advice, I do appreciate them.

I will make 12 when I have some time as I am busy with my project too. Hopefully a week or two is okay with you; I think it is because you will be spending a lot of time with Sniper, install is easy, but tuning it is not unless you have tuning experience. I am still trying to tune mine after installing it on one of my cars over 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, capemustang said:

West Coast Cougar is usually a good source for Cougar and Mustangs. I have great luck with them. I saw your this on their website. They also have some great information on their website.  I like the idea of the 3D printer.  Nice idea.  I found this on their website for the rollers for a 1969 mustang 

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/15086-Roller-Quarter-Window-Used-1969-1970-Mercury-Cougar-/-1969-1970-Ford-Mustang.html?sessionthemeid=26

Mine will not cost $24 each and not be used :) I also make the parking brake switch and sell it cheaper than WCC wants for a used one.

34 minutes ago, aslanefe said:

Mine will not cost $24 each and not be used :) I also make the parking brake switch and sell it cheaper than WCC wants for a used one.

Oh, I am sure yours wouldn’t cost anywhere near that!   I wish I had know about your parking brake switch-I balked at the prices for one.  I finally found one from another year and modifying it.  Just curious, how much do you charge for the parking brake switch? I may have to swap out my sad modification one!

17 minutes ago, capemustang said:

Oh, I am sure yours wouldn’t cost anywhere near that!   I wish I had know about your parking brake switch-I balked at the prices for one.  I finally found one from another year and modifying it.  Just curious, how much do you charge for the parking brake switch? I may have to swap out my sad modification one!

This is the link to the switch, I believe I have a few left for $30 plus shipping.

7 hours ago, aslanefe said:

I will make 12 when I have some time as I am busy with my project too. Hopefully a week or two is okay with you; I think it is because you will be spending a lot of time with Sniper, install is easy, but tuning it is not unless you have tuning experience. I am still trying to tune mine after installing it on one of my cars over 2 years ago.

Perfect.  I saw your PM and have replied there as well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Sniper.  I have one on a '47 Ford pickup with a 351C.   It's been trouble free and truck runs great with it.

8 minutes ago, Joe Dozzo said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Sniper.  I have one on a '47 Ford pickup with a 351C.   It's been trouble free and truck runs great with it.

For a sunny day cruiser, even the preset tuning works okay; but I am running it on my daily driver 69 Mustang. So I am trying to tune it to start and run good even at below freezing temps with no to minimum warm up time and with good fuel efficiency.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, Joe Dozzo said:

Made one set, should finish the rest in a few days.

IMG_1671.jpg

I love the 3D print solution here.  Reading this made me start a thread on 3D printing.  If these models are shareable and not proprietary, I’m looking for a place we can upload them together.  Also, if others need these parts, I have a printer and would be happy to print them for folks that might want them.

4 hours ago, capemustang said:

Thank you. I would like to buy one. Please let me know how you want to go about getting payment to you, shipping address, etc.

Can you give me sometime to find them? They were not where I thought I put them. I think I need to stop working on my 1970 Grande and organize my shop.

1 hour ago, CKoenig87 said:

Aslanefe, I also need a set of the quarter window bushings.  How do I get in touch with you to order and payment?

Send me an PM. Nevermind, looks like you are a new member who can't PM. What is your email address?