Good morning from Australia. First time here and I’m not sure of the protocols. I’m an Australian with a 69 Mach 1 which is concourse. I want to get replacements tyres as the current ones are about25 years old,

The Tyres are 215 70 14 with a 3/4 inch white wall. They are Mastercraft. I would like a tire that looks the same. Here is the protocol bit (please delete admin if not allowed) Can anyone recommend a tyre dealer in Los Angeles area so I can pick up a set on my travels here?

This is not a car that I will “put on the track” but would really appreciate you advice on where or even different tyres, but I want the white wall look.

thanks in advance Aussie John

PS: Interested if you know anything about the car . It came with about 30 trophies from car shows 1996-2005 in the US. 

B65ABB6F-13D4-412A-A5BD-2EE2FFC7F049.png

91FA39DD-702A-4BAC-9A9A-AC4B8ACF8A0F.png

First off ... WELCOME to the site and very nice Champane Gold Mach !!

I last tire shopped in 2017 for my '69, but I wanted white letter and 225/60-15 size.   At the time there were really only 2 options ... BFG Radial T/A & Cooper Cobra.

Just looked on Coker Tire (probably stock / sell the most 14 & 15" classic car tires than anyone else) and only ONE Narrow (1") Whitewall option popped up in your size:

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/p215-75r14-american-classic-1-whitewall-tire.html

Here is a 215/70-14, which they claim is for '69 Mach 1 / GT with a 3/8" wide whitewall:

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/p215-70r14-bf-goodrich-3-8-pin-whitewall.html

My '69 GT ran 225/70-14 between 1983-2017 on the stock GT wheels like you have but argent instead of chrome.   However, no narrow white wall option pops up in this size.

Good luck !!

Doug

Beautiful car!  Welcome to the forum.

The picture on page 6 of the attachment looks a lot like your Mach 1.  Page 18 and 19 of the attachment have some details on wheel/tire combinations.  All were the "narrow" white walls.  Mach 1 should have chrome styled steel wheels.

Look forward to hearing more details about that awesome Mach 1!

1969_Mustang_Data.pdf

FYI, the wheel and tire combination in your picture look correct for a Mach. I still have the original F70-14 Goodyear Polyglas tire in the trunk with the thin white wall... of course it doesn't hold air, but hey its there. You can only get these at specialty tire places like: https://www.lucasclassictires.com/F70-14-Goodyear-CWT-350-White-Stripe-CB5K5.htm

Hankook Optimo H724 comes with whitewall like your Mastercraft. And you can get them from a few places including Walmart. I have them on my daily driver 1969 Mustang and no complaints. 

Cheers

PS: My daily driver is also champain gold.