Sign in to follow this  
69Mach1 M code

Headliner adhesive

The moonskin material that covers the C-pillar panels in the '69 has lost it's adherence to the cardboard backing panels in isolated spots. The moonskin material appears to just be regular headliner material. I could purchase a headliner adhesive such as Weld-On 1829 but was looking for something more readily available. Has anyone tried an adhesive that does not "stain through" to the surface? 

Also, has anyone purchased C-pillar panels that they are satisfied with? I see some of the reviews on NPD have been mixed. Doesn't look like they extend the moonskin enough to tuck under the rear glass weather striping. 

I just did this. I would not recommend the ones I purchased from NPD. I don’t remember the brand right off but they weren’t tmi ones. Mine had plenty material to wrap around the window pinch weld if needed. The new cardboard is too stiff and flat. That caused a lot of light to bleed out of the top. The clip on the rear came off on both. The adhesive they used to glue the moonskin on didn’t dry. It was a gooey mess. I made my own plate to secure the clip on the back with black weatherstripping adhesive and contoured the panel some with steam and weighted it with body dolly’s. Once contoured, the moonskin was bubbled. One came out ok but it looked used after all that. I gave up,  I just ordered 2 Fiberglas sail panels from Ridgerunner on here. He makes them and come highly recommended. I was planning on ordering the tmi version had I not came across Ridgerunners offering but tmi aren’t in stock anywhere. I would not recommend headliner adhesive. It dries much like pvc glue in my experience. I much preferred the black weatherstripping adhesive. It sticks very well and you can adjust it for several days. The 3M super77 might go on smoother.