Vicfreg

Custom Console

Vic, I'd wait till your carpet is installed to drill the holes, as the carpet will raise the position of the console. 

I don't see the center hump of a one piece seat riser in your pics. I thought all verts had them. Did you and Mike decide to leave them off?

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Vic, I'd wait till your carpet is installed to drill the holes, as the carpet will raise the position of the console. 

I don't see the center hump of a one piece seat riser in your pics. I thought all verts had them. Did you and Mike decide to leave them off?

Bob, my 70 vert does not have one piece seat riser with hump either. As far as I know, one piece seat riser is on 65-68 verts. On 69-70 all body styles have 2 piece seat riser with verts having provisions on risers to fit over inner vert rockers.

Yes, thanks.  I did double check that, and I do have an automatic console. I just needed to fuss with it for a while, and also consider the good advice from the others on my no carpet situation.  I think it will be fine.  

I am looking for some pics of my original floor and will verify what we did, but I think it had separate seat risers....

MIke also moved the new ones back about an inch to create some more legroom......

42 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

I am looking for some pics of my original floor and will verify what we did, but I think it had separate seat risers....

MIke also moved the new ones back about an inch to create some more legroom......

You should be good, moving the seat risers back does not affect the console mounting.

My son who owns a 69 Mach 1 designed and 3d printed a cup holder for his cousins 73 Mach 1 that fit in the ash tray. Could easily be done for 69 as well. He even put the pony logo on it. To be clear no money exchanged hands as might be breaking some copy right law with the horse! LOL. Just an idea to add to the conversation.  With todays 3d printing technology, the materials and quality can be really nice  

7BB746D5-1B9F-4911-923B-C555C3BF5310.thumb.jpeg.05468f3f22fa34142bce33df4b896fba.jpeg

1 hour ago, RobotMan said:

My son who owns a 69 Mach 1 designed and 3d printed a cup holder for his cousins 73 Mach 1 that fit in the ash tray. Could easily be done for 69 as well. He even put the pony logo on it. To be clear no money exchanged hands as might be breaking some copy right law with the horse! LOL. Just an idea to add to the conversation.  With todays 3d printing technology, the materials and quality can be really nice  

7BB746D5-1B9F-4911-923B-C555C3BF5310.thumb.jpeg.05468f3f22fa34142bce33df4b896fba.jpeg

That is fantastic!