LindenBruce

69 Mach One "R" Code for sale

Partially restored car for sale.  Engine, transmission, rear end fully rebuilt.  Traction lok rebuilt.  New drive line.  "Big" brakes in rear.  Engine compartment complete with new harness, radiator, the works.  Carpet is back in.  Console detailed and installed.  Dash fully rebuilt, detailed, and installed.  Instrument pod rebuilt and detailed and installed.  Lots of misc. parts cleaned up, detailed, and wrapped waiting for install.  New suspension springs front and rear.  New gas tank.  New rear end harness.  New radiator.  Alternator fully rebuilt.  New starter.  All of the "normal" sheet metal has been replaced. v Factory A/C installed, even though she is not a factory A/C car.  I have the original heater unit which goes with the car.  I also have the original rear end carrier with ring and pinion.  

Engine got lightly ported and matched CJ heads date correct for car with new valves, guides and springs.  Has aluminum PI intake.  Block is all new parts with .020" over sized pistons.  Performance balance job on reciprocating components.  Cam is a hydraulic roller with slightly larger lobe profile than the factory cam.  

Transmission is a Ford AOD fully rebuilt and beefed up clutches  and shafts.  Red Altos.  Parts bought from Click Click Racing. 

Traction Lok installed with new 3.73:1 gears and new bearings.  New "Big" factory Ford rear drum brakes.  All new braking system. 

Asking 20k.  Lots of work already done on this beast.  Car was built In San Jose, so it's a double "R" code car.  White interior and Royal Maroon exterior.  Of course she's not painted at this time, just in epoxy primer.  I have a ton of pics of the work as I was doing it.  But the files are too large to post here.  I can mail any serious interested buyers a thumb drive with all the pics.  Thanks, Bruce 

Update.  I am taking the car off the market for now.  It still may come back this summer.  Bob has first dibs.  Micks has second dibs.  Sebastian has third dibs.  I have a lot of my heart into this car.  Had it for nearly 30 years.  I found some revenue to take care of my needs for now.  But if things don't better by summer I will be forced to sell the old girl.  Thanks guys.  B.

Well, I'm kinda happy for you that it didn't sell, but I'm not in your shoes. That it didn't sell is nuts. As many posts that I see of guys complaining about no affordable nice 69s for sale, I suppose they're just tire kickers.

RPM, It didn't sell because of me.  Not because of a lack of buyers.  BobW70mach1 was ready to show up with the funds sight un-seen, just based on the pics I loaded and our phone conversation.  If it goes back on the market this summer, he has first chance at it as per my word.  I was actually surprised someone was ready to pounce on it as fast as they did.  I have not been active here in some time so I was not sure what the market was doing.  The price was agreed upon and will stay the same if it goes back on the market later.   B.   

It has been almost a year, but true to his word, Bruce gave me first shot at it when he decided to put it back up for sale.  Thank you Bruce. Bruce texted me on Wednesday to see if I was still interested.  I drove 12 hours to get there on Sunday and it is in my garage now.  I can’t wait to get to work on it.  Bruce has done all the hard stuff already.  Plenty more to do and more parts to buy.  This car goes to the front of the line in my garage.  Now I have a brother to my 1970 Mach 1.

C567C750-28EE-42A8-9D1C-F7541D457DA5.jpeg

1C406150-9ADB-45E7-9AA3-EB2956807258.jpeg

5F064084-CB10-466D-A10B-FDAAFA609C9D.jpeg

Well, guys.  You win some and you lose some.  I don’t feel like I lost, but I don’t feel like a winner right now.  I have had a busy year and am now just getting into the car.  It has been in my garage all this time.  Bruce did some fine work on the car before I got it, and he was completely truthful about the car.  But, it was outside for many years after he did his work.  It was covered by a bunch of heavy duty tarps.   The engine was rebuilt with roller cam/lifters and even had roller tipped rockers.  It was a sweet build, but Mother Nature will win every time.

The first clue was when I took the carb to be rebuilt and found out it was totally ruined.  The carb rebuilder who is very experienced said it was the worst corrosion he has ever seen.  I had to trash the carb and buy a new one.

The second clue was finding the same corrosion in the aluminum police interceptor intake.  At the same time, I realized I could only turn the crank 90 degrees before it got stuck.

I pulled the intake and almost cried.  As I was lifting it out a bunch of debris fell out of the intake onto the engine.  This is what I found.  I still need to pull the heads.  I am praying that the cylinders are ok, but I doubt it.  I hope the damage is only in the heads and the engine block can be saved.

A5151355-A47D-4AA5-90F2-91F20CC695E7.jpeg

E93F7F65-0530-43BA-83A4-8A509814AFBA.jpeg

A4002BA4-7711-46AD-A3A4-5E9F7EC3151D.jpeg

75228980-0139-49B7-9EF5-0545DD793C93.jpeg

Bob, good luck.  I hope what you have here is the result of the aluminum intake corrosion from the outdoor conditions depositing in your heads.  

For my 1970 convertible, I got my '69 351W engine out of a car that was sitting in a trailer park for years.   When I first saw it, I was not encouraged.

But, honestly, once I got the engine on the stand, and took it apart, it became a pretty predictable project.  I started with a vintage engine.

You are starting with top quality parts. So, I think it will work out well for you. 

Please keep us posted.....

Vic