Rich Ackermann

Words of wisdom to start the new year!

At this time every year Facebook sends me a reminder of a post I sent to all a few years ago to start the New Year. So every year since I repost it to help remind me to count my blessings. So I thought I'd share with you these words of wisdom from the one and only C. B. ....Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!

81429488_3806401189373816_7007719587055665152_n.jpg.e6e62e1b418fead9e9b4ca889587473e.jpg81023008_3806401126040489_4394121830118457344_n.jpg.24aed44e706ded4f9a823ec81d5a76a2.jpg

Found these words from Carolyn Hax, an advice columnist from the Washington Post.  Someone wrote in citing an earlier statement by her.

How it is you know when you're in a good relationship. Carolyn said it's three things: 1) You like the version of yourself that relationship engenders; 2) That version of yourself is easy to maintain (a HUGE lightbulb moment for me on that one); 3) You're just as happy to see that person come through the door as you were at the beginning.

Such simple and universal application, and I treasure this nugget of wisdom.

4 hours ago, Midlife said:

Found these words from Carolyn Hax, an advice columnist from the Washington Post.  Someone wrote in citing an earlier statement by her.

How it is you know when you're in a good relationship. Carolyn said it's three things: 1) You like the version of yourself that relationship engenders; 2) That version of yourself is easy to maintain (a HUGE lightbulb moment for me on that one); 3) You're just as happy to see that person come through the door as you were at the beginning.

Such simple and universal application, and I treasure this nugget of wisdom.

That's a keeper. Thanks for sharing